Battle Which optimization tool do you use?

Compare list
optimization tool

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None at all.

Cons:
- Extra headaches (configuring app, excluding programs or drives, manual or bad updates, in-app Ads)
- Paywall for automated features
- Freeware is generally bundled with Sponsored/Adware.
- Privacy issues as with CCleaner v5.45 (2018)
- Security issues as with CCleaner v5.33 (2018)

Pros:
- If you're still living in the 2000s

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
None at all.

Cons:
- Extra headaches (configuring app, excluding programs or drives, manual or bad updates, in-app Ads)
- Paywall for automated features
- Freeware is generally bundled with Sponsored/Adware.
- Privacy issues as with CCleaner v5.45 (2018)
- Security issues as with CCleaner v5.33 (2018)

Pros:
- If you're still living in the 2000s
I'm not sure if I should feel offended now... :oops:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I turn off computer with advanced cleaning of: Wise Disk Cleaner + Wise Registry Cleaner. After windows updates, I use Disk Cleanup + Rapr + Adata SSD ToolBox (trim).
After updating network adapter I rerun TCPOptimizer, several people on tenforums thanked me for recommending it, since 10 uses the "best for all" default network settings.
Ever since I use optimization software, I do not know, what are annoying Windows problems, the main reason, I started looking for solutions in the first place, not from a boredom.

I can say, that I have tried virtually all optimization software out there, most of them are indeed questionable, especially reg cleaners, but it is not as bad as it used to be, 10 can recover from almost anything, unlike XP, unfortunately it is hard to get rid of a bad reputation, especially due to fake software, which was quite popular in the past. IE6 is a great example, it was literally a magnet for malware, but even though IE7 fixed all issues, it never regained the full trust because of it, just like Iobit and lately CCleaner. I like to judge based on my experience.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The one true optimizer for me is Windows System Maintenance, run once weekly.

For quick junk cleanup, Wise Disk Care and Privacy Eraser. I don't use PE for general cleaning because it may otherwise remove more than you might want if you haven't thoroughly checked various options in its user interface. So I don't bother with it beyond right-click spot cleanups like for residual games folders, Recycle Bin and stuff.

Both Wise and PE are blocked (outbound) in the firewall. Both take less that 20 MB of space on the disk respectively.

BTW, anyone who uses Privacy Eraser free, the latest version is available now: v.5.7.0

changelog
download

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Not one, I run a combo monthly: Wise Care 365 Free, CCleaner Free and HiBit Software, all portable versions.

Usually at the start of the month is the only time I run these utilities and uses all their features except defragmentation (one offers what the others doesn't). It's also the time when I update all softwares on my system using SUMo, while I disable auto-updates to individual programs.

Performance improvements can be seen on Windows 10 post usage, mainly for bootup, shutdown and disk access.

For the detractors against using such products, if you are using these utilities every day or every week, I don't expect you to see much improvements.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.