Battle Which optimization tool do you use?

Compare list
optimization tool

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I'm one of the few persions where a serious problem occurred while using Kerish Doctor.
Maybe because I used all module that were available, but i couldn't reset Windows 10 anymore.
So to be on the safe site I don't use it anymore.
I only (continue) to use CCleaner and Autoruns, the rest of the maintenance is done by Windows buit-in tools

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Some years ago I used registry cleaners, one time a month or so later two or three modules in control panel I hadn't used for a while didn't work - It's always worth remembering that registry cleaners may cause damage that isn't immediately obvious - Contrary to companies that sell cleaners leaving entries behind are unlikely to cause showdowns or anything else. Removing valid entries might require a reinstall? I'm much careful nowadays.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Some years ago I used registry cleaners, one time a month or so later two or three modules in control panel I hadn't used for a while didn't work - It's always worth remembering that registry cleaners may cause damage that isn't immediately obvious - Contrary to companies that sell cleaners leaving entries behind are unlikely to cause showdowns or anything else. Removing valid entries might require a reinstall? I'm much careful nowadays.
Any sort of registry manipulations (cleaning, compressing, defragging) are unlikely to bring any benefit in terms of stability, even less in speed.
In some cases broken auto-run entries can be removed, suspending error messages, but that will also happen rarely (incorrect malware removal routine by some AVs that don't touch the registry at all).
Not using registry manipulation routines is a smart thing to do, at the very least from time saving point of view.

Same is true for deep disk clean-up that removes browser caches or other files that will quickly be regenerated, in few hours or so.

Real optimisation is hardware upgrade and unnecessary software removal.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean by "Paywall" in the "Paywall for automated features"?
Exactly how it sounds.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 13.41.19.png

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I'm one of the few persions where a serious problem occurred while using Kerish Doctor.
Maybe because I used all module that were available, but i couldn't reset Windows 10 anymore.
I only (continue) to use CCleaner and Autoruns, the rest of the maintenance is done by Windows buit-in tools
I stopped using it..The reg cleaner was too aggressive..Borked my system!

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
What do you mean by not being able to reset Windows 10? I usually I think poorly of those optimization tools, but KerishDoctor works flawlessly on my system and really has some handy functions. Hope it won't fail me in the future...

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What do you mean by not being able to reset Windows 10? I usually I think poorly of those optimization tools, but KerishDoctor works flawlessly on my system and really has some handy functions. Hope it won't fail me in the future...
I couldn't use the reset this pc function in settings anymore probably because Kerish Doctor cleaned too much.
Not completely sure because after my next clean install I didn't try Kersish Doctor anymore to find out if it was indeed the cause for this failure.

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
It hasn't failed me in the years I've been using it but, as with most software, everyone's mileage will vary.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hey, I use Auslogics BoostSpeed 12, lots of features, nice UI, good performance, this is the paid version.
I also have WiseCare 365 Pro Installed, but I don't use it anymore.
It is amazing how many options you have with ABS 12, I know so does Windows, but this is my way of doing it.

Auslogics Boost-Speed is crapware, nothing but problems, so now it is back to Wisecare 365 Pro, luckily it did not crash my Laptop.:mad:;)
🤨

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.