Advice Request Which Password Managers do you use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Anyway, as far as sync is concerned , as truekey say it does not matter if hackers access their servers , since they would have needed masterpass, I think it is the same for LP. So why worry about sync ?
I got hackers could access the cloud .. But if they truekey say they need the Masterpass..
What do you think ?

I am more concerned by the fact that LP store one time password recovery in the browser/ in their extension ( I did not get well)

Reactions: DardiM
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
KeePass 2.0 for the win! KeePass 2.0 is by far the most secure password manager I have ever used or seen. I use it to store all of my passwords & damn is it secure.

I have the password database on all of my USBs/drives but then I have a key file (which is required with the password to gain access to the database). I keep this key file on 2 USBs which are both in my safe. So I need to get my USB & then type in my 30 character password to gain access to the file!!!

I am quite a over the top person when it comes to security - most of my passwords are 75 characters long & randomly generated using KeePass 2.0 - these passwords even include characters that cannot be written on the keyboard.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
KeePass 2.0 for the win! KeePass 2.0 is by far the most secure password manager I have ever used or seen. I use it to store all of my passwords & damn is it secure.

I have the password database on all of my USBs/drives but then I have a key file (which is required with the password to gain access to the database). I keep this key file on 2 USBs which are both in my safe. So I need to get my USB & then type in my 30 character password to gain access to the file!!!

I am quite a over the top person when it comes to security - most of my passwords are 75 characters long & randomly generated using KeePass 2.0 - these passwords even include characters that cannot be written on the keyboard.

and what if you lose or they steal that usb? thank you for sharing :)

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
I am using Keepass on all my devices for years now and i am very pleased with it. The keyfile is stored on a vserver using a very strong password, connected via ftp. Browser plugin is Keefox for Firefox browser, on Android i am using Keepass2Android. ATM i miss no feature and i don´t care about lack of design. And the best, i´ts open source and free of charge.

If you are concerned about security, Keepass just got an security audit by the European Commission's EU Free and Open Source Software Auditing project (EU-FOSSA) - no critical security vulnerabilities found!

KeePass audit: no critical security vulnerabilities found - gHacks Tech News

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Trying out both Lastpass (60 day premium trial) and Sticky Password (Awesome MT Promotion), Both are very good, but i really enjoy the simplicity of Lastpass and being able to use it along my phone and other devices. Both are winners!

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
if someone was interested TrueKey replied to me that 15 free PWs means 15 accounts..it does not depend on how many devices

the only thing that concern me is that I found some people complaining that they struggle to uninstall it (they did not install it on pourpose, it was bundled with malwaredobe :p )

Reactions: DardiM and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
if someone was interested TrueKey replied to me that 15 free PWs means 15 accounts..it does not depend on how many devices

the only thing that concern me is that I found some people complaining that they struggle to uninstall it (they did not install it on pourpose, it was bundled with malwaredobe :p )
Does anyone only use 15 password which hopefully mean 15 sites?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Does anyone only use 15 password which hopefully mean 15 sites?
It's 15 sites SHvFI, remember I started with the free acct. before I went to Premium.
It's not much and I guess it is supposed to motivate the user to purchase the product,
a small taste so to speak.
I love it, Intel got this right, I just wish they had a Linux version of it.
But on Linux I am using LastPass

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Feel ashamed to tell you mine then. lol

Well you were right 15 are not enough. Maybe they are for most important websites. :)

But I think for some website someone sign in not often or even once a year , 2FA provided by the website is enough ( or maybe overkill ). Because I suppose that , at least in some forums for example , people don't use their primary email account (and not connected to the primary ) so in case of theft the thief can only spam on the forum.
And maybe the recovery email ( where you receive the second step of 2FA )is protected by the pw manager or you receive the second step on a device only you can access

So I will go back to another solution but I think 15 could be enough for many people :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.