Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What's the problem? If you don't mind and @shmu26 is ok to debug here :)
Fine with me.

The March update messed up Dropbox syncing on one computer, and Onedrive syncing on another computer. This caused high CPU usage, making one of the computers unusable. It took me a long time to realize what the problem was. I eventually solved it by deleting the local folders and letting them be rebuilt.

After updating to Creators, and receiving the following updates, I started seeing font problems in some of my apps. I posted on the Microsoft forum about it, and a few users said they had the same problem, but no solutions were offered.
Here is a screenshot from NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 300

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just updated one of my older computers from Win 7 to 10. Works even better than before! I have an old Win Vista computer lying around. Too slow to check for updates and it's fan is on its last breath. Might be a small security risk but there is nothing really else I can do..

EDIT: Going to wait for the actual release of Creators then I will update. As for the font issue I have been hearing about.. Did you guys change your computer mode to higher performance/lower appearance? Not talking about power options.. NOTE: I am on a different account that was setup after I chose this option on my original account.

Attachments

• Performance.jpg
    Performance.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Did you guys change your computer mode to higher performance/lower appearance?

I didn't, not even on my lowest spec PC. Nowadays with the new processors (even embedded graphic adapters, even with a low budget CPU which i have in one of my PCs), this setting should not noticeably help. What helps (a lot) is a SSD and that is not influenced by that setting.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
PS if you remove a few security software you use or play with i am sure you will have less issues. I have a feeling they might attribute to your issues.
When my wife's PC acts up, then I know it wasn't because of my tinkering with security softs. Admittedly, her computer has much less problems than mine.
Part of the problem is that we both have an unusual combination of English and Hebrew in the system settings. Hebrew is particularly prone to issues because the text direction is right to left.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think product developers have plenty of time updating broken builds on newer version of Windows. This is why MS provides different update branches. So if one software doesn't work on newer Windows versions, i would blame the developers (not MS).
I agree that the blame lies with the lazy devs, but unfortunately, there are a lot of them, and some of their products are pretty popular here on MT. I won't mention any names, for fear of starting a riot...

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Using 8.1 here. Gonna use 10 when I buy new PC soon. Had problems with 10 in this machine before and don't want to spend whole day clean installing 10 and reinstalling all software and settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.