Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
The better VPNs for Browsing and torrenting; Cyberghost, Mullavad and NordVpn, ExpressVpn is not bad but too expensive, I probably tested 29 VPNs this year in a real-life scenario.

View attachment 262827
After buying and testing VPN from several VPN vendors, I came to realization that ExpressVPN and ProtonVPN PLUS are the best. Period.

Reactions: roger_m

Claudio66

Level 1
Apr 9, 2022
I use Surfshark. It is okay for me. But I'm not a computer scientist. I am a computer user who tries to understand something more thanks to this forum.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
After buying and testing VPN from several VPN vendors, I came to realization that ExpressVPN and ProtonVPN PLUS are the best. Period.

That's just wrong, period. But we've talked about this before and yet you refuse to listen. Oh well. There is no one best VPN for everyone; you might have different needs that me or visa versa. What works for you might not work for me. If you want a VPN with a shady history, then by all means use ExpressVPN.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
When it comes to VPN we tend to only focus on the speed. Because it is easiest and most accessible information we, as common users, can have.

But how secure are they? Is there any relation between speed and security/privacy? For example, is being the fastest means being the less secure due to not focusing on that aspect (not saying this is necessarily the case)

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
ExpressVPN is definitely worth my time. As said few days ago his idea and previously he published this video as well:

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Ok. Was due for ExpressVPN renewal next week but, after reading about the Israeli connection, cancelled that. As a Protonmail user, I have stumped-up for Proton VPN Plus. Surprisingly, they report 40 servers in Australia compared to ExpressVPN’s claimed 5. We’ll see. It better be quick, stable and reliable or I’ll be back to ExpressVPN in a flash, shady past or not!

Reactions: amirr

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Bitdefender VPN, blazing fast and the only one that lets me stream Dutch tv here in Malaysia without hickups.
I like it a lot too. The only issues I have with it is that it fails the GRC Shields Up test on my computer but passes on my phone. The Android app has more settings such as the Hydra Catapult protocol that the Windows version does not.
grc-bd1.jpg
grc-bd2.jpg
grc-bd1.jpggrc-bd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L0ckJaw

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Take a look at my comment here if you want a good VPN to use:

Reactions: MuzzMelbourne

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Ok. Was due for ExpressVPN renewal next week but, after reading about the Israeli connection, cancelled that. As a Protonmail user, I have stumped-up for Proton VPN Plus. Surprisingly, they report 40 servers in Australia compared to ExpressVPN’s claimed 5. We’ll see. It better be quick, stable and reliable or I’ll be back to ExpressVPN in a flash, shady past or not!
ExpressVPN is way to go. I also don't care about shady past. We all make mistakes no matter what!

• Sad
Reactions: n8chavez

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
I believe at the moment there should not be so much of a difference between ExpressVPN, PIA and CyberGhost as all of them are owned by the same company.

Before choosing a VPN service you should see what are your needs and expectations of the VPN service.

Privacy? Speed? Online Shows and Streams?

Then based on your need you should go a head and select the best choice.

In my opinion there is no "BEST VPN" as each of them are good at one purpose.

:)

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I believe at the moment there should not be so much of a difference between ExpressVPN, PIA and CyberGhost as all of them are owned by the same company.

Before choosing a VPN service you should see what are your needs and expectations of the VPN service.

Privacy? Speed? Online Shows and Streams?

Then based on your need you should go a head and select the best choice.

In my opinion there is no "BEST VPN" as each of them are good at one purpose.

:)
For me only speed and UI matters most.
I agree with you saying: "In my opinion there is no "BEST VPN" as each of them are good at one purpose."

Reactions: SerialCart

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.