Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
M yeah, using old news against competitors is not a great move. It works but it’s not great.

Extracted from Avast Privacy Policy:

IMG_1490.jpeg

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
iTOP VPN, Proton VPN
Been using iTOP and can attest to the speeds that it claims, its ease of use and functionality... I've used Proton free and although the free plan is limited in terms of locations, it offers some decent speeds too; it also has a beautiful interface

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Start using VPNs by default.

For home users, I recommend using Proton VPN Free which includes split tunnelling to exclude Apps and IP address ranges, which is important for Chromecast to function.
Update: Split Tunneling is NOT available in the iOS due to its design.

Sort-of Workaround for iOS users is to use WireGuard profile from ProtonVPN.com

Surprised no iOS users have mentioned this.

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
Can I get your suggestions?
I live in turkey right now euro turkish lira or dollar turkish lira exchange rate difference is at an incredible level so I can not get 2-year plans.

The best example of this is Proton Vpn.speed is tremendous features I use in games and browsing is very fast but I can't buy proton vpn right now.if anyone has any other suggestions or experience, I want to buy a 1-year or 2-year vpn.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I live in turkey right now euro turkish lira or dollar turkish lira exchange rate difference is at an incredible level so I can not get 2-year plans.

The best example of this is Proton Vpn.speed is tremendous features I use in games and browsing is very fast but I can't buy proton vpn right now.if anyone has any other suggestions or experience, I want to buy a 1-year or 2-year vpn.
What’s your maximum budget in EUR/USD?

Try: CNET ≫ All The Best Coupons & Promo Codes In One Place and type VPN in the search box.

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015

IPVanish. Fast, a lot of servers and low ping rate. Check the yearly plan and don't forget to cancel the renewal.

Last edited:
  • +Reputation
  • Applause
Reactions: Nevi and lyldz

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Quick update: my 2 primary vpn Mullvad or ivpn. If I'm running F-Secure I use its vpn. Many years ago I used Proton vpn and found it slow and buggy, but I tried it the other day since I have a Proton account anyway, and Proton vpn was nicely fast with smooth operating app.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I would opt for the VPN that generates the least Google "Captcha" requests. This is an annoying problem with most VPNs.
Can anyone recommend a VPN that does not have this problem?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.