Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Please add Windscribe in the Poll.
Its good & would like to see in the Poll list instead of "Other" section.

Only users who have used Premium version should vote or users who have used free/giveaway/special version of the premium can also vote?

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Oh and while you're at it, throw out HideMyAss. The only ass they hide is their own. They release your data as soon as an agency so much as thinks about requesting it. That's without their service being so wide open, you could turn a schoolbus in it. Tried it once for shits and giggles, I think it failed like 5 out of 10 anonymity checks, revealing myself right then and there. Great job HMA. :p

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Oh and while you're at it, throw out HideMyAss. The only ass they hide is their own. They release your data as soon as an agency so much as thinks about requesting it. That's without their service being so wide open, you could turn a schoolbus in it. Tried it once for shits and giggles, I think it failed like 5 out of 10 anonymity checks, revealing myself right then and there. Great job HMA. :p

How do you check anonymity ? Thank you

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Nord VPN is good. I use it. PIA is also great and fast!

Nord is more polished than PIA. Just did a quick test between the two and Nord had no DNS leaks, PIA did. Take that quick test with a grain of salt though. PIA is world class.

Nord VPN is running a special for $3 a month for a 2 year plan ($72):

Secure Checkout | NordVPN

EDIT: BTW, Nord VPN has one of the best customer service I have ever used with any company. I have asked technical questions multiple times and every time, I get fast replies via email or chat and everything is relevant (not read off a card).

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I use kaspersky VPN, paid version.

Check, if you use VPN6, that you VPN can works completely with it.

For testing :

IP/DNS Detect

To stop DNS Leaks, good tuto part B :

For WebRTC detection :

"What is a "WebRTC leaks"?
WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address. To disable it:
  • Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config” in the address bar. Scroll down to “media.peerconnection.enabled”, double click to set it to false.
  • Google Chrome: Install Google official extension WebRTC Network Limiter."
Another solution I use
Freegate | Dynamic Internet Technology, Inc

"Freegate is an anti-censorship software for secure and fast Internet access. It was developed and maintained by Dynamic Internet Technology Inc. (DIT), a pioneer in censorship-circumvention operation.
  • users access web sites overseas as fast as their local ones;
  • requires no installation or change in system setting;
  • a single executable file on a Windows platform.
Freegate works by tapping into an anti-censorship backbone, DynaWeb, DIT's P2P-like proxy network system.

Freegate's anti-censorship capability is further enhanced by a new, unique encryption and compression algorithm in the versions of 6.33 and above."
By default It uses IE11 with all parameters set to max protection (it set all automatically), but you can use other browsers, just some settings to make :
=> WebRTC, etc​

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Windscribe 50 GB free per month (voucher code) :)
And yet another for Windscribe.

@carsten ibsen This is a totally meaningless poll unless you add Windscribe to the list because if, as I suspect, judging by the number of people who have chosen it, the majority of votes in 'other' are for Windscribe, you're going to have the poll winner not even listed and we won't know exactly how many votes it's received because they are in 'other'.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
And yet another for Windscribe.

@carsten ibsen This is a totally meaningless poll unless you add Windscribe to the list because if, as I suspect, judging by the number of people who have chosen it, the majority of votes in 'other' are for Windscribe, you're going to have the poll winner not even listed and we won't know exactly how many votes it's received because they are in 'other'.
The reason I haven't voted yet...

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I use kaspersky VPN, paid version.

Check, if you use VPN6, that you VPN can works completely with it.

For testing :

IP/DNS Detect

To stop DNS Leaks, good tuto part B :

For WebRTC detection :

"What is a "WebRTC leaks"?
WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address. To disable it:
  • Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config” in the address bar. Scroll down to “media.peerconnection.enabled”, double click to set it to false.
  • Google Chrome: Install Google official extension WebRTC Network Limiter."
Another solution I use
Freegate | Dynamic Internet Technology, Inc

"Freegate is an anti-censorship software for secure and fast Internet access. It was developed and maintained by Dynamic Internet Technology Inc. (DIT), a pioneer in censorship-circumvention operation.
  • users access web sites overseas as fast as their local ones;
  • requires no installation or change in system setting;
  • a single executable file on a Windows platform.
Freegate works by tapping into an anti-censorship backbone, DynaWeb, DIT's P2P-like proxy network system.

Freegate's anti-censorship capability is further enhanced by a new, unique encryption and compression algorithm in the versions of 6.33 and above."
By default It uses IE11 with all parameters set to max protection (it set all automatically), but you can use other browsers, just some settings to make :
=> WebRTC, etc​

Thank you, I knew about ipleaks.net ( opera for example does not have leaks it says )

But I did not know about dnsleaks.com
Perfomed : opera shows 6 Google ( I think )severs XD : so it means there are leaks ? If you don't have leaks it shows you nothing ?

Thank you

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i have a bad feeling that so much voting for windscribe just because they have a 50gb per month free license from a giveaway.. windscrib is by far not the best one out there. if u realy want some serious vpn providers u almost have only 2 real choices, airvpn( open source client) and just nice guys, active forum and seriously about your privacy and they know what they are doing. And perfect-privacy( best one for me) why u all choose windscrib? I dont understand i have tryed it but nothing special at all and not so long on the markt to say they are trustworthly or not, or other similar questions. Most of the other crap vpn providers log(even if they say they dont logg) like cyberghost, some use just cheap vps ##### and not real servers, and other rough behavour.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.