Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Is it true that CyberGhost no longer accepts Bitcoin as payment now?

Also, according to CG's website the limit of data (incoming/outgoing) traffic is limited to 80GB/month, right? More than this CG will monitor you.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
How's ExpressVPN working for you? I have already asked for a refund. Never experienced such horrible speeds before.
Its working good for me. I like that it has my Country/City server...this is good (most VPN dont have my country server And if they have my country server then my city server may not be there).

Country & City server is good for emails/banks...its like normal browsing with encryption. BUT if City is different then emails/banks log-in is like "Unusual log-in, to log-in, get a code in your email/phone, etc... extra steps.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Its working good for me. I like that it has my Country/City server...this is good (most VPN dont have my country server And if they have my country server then my city server may not be there).

Country & City server is good for emails/banks...its like normal browsing with encryption. BUT if City is different then emails/banks log-in is like "Unusual log-in, to log-in, get a code in your email/phone, etc... extra steps.

I tried the three Indian servers it currently offers and the speed was the worst of the lot.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried the three Indian servers it currently offers and the speed was the worst of the lot.
Did you tried the Speed Test & Protocol option I had mentioned in PM?

Dont know why few VPN dont work good for you?
What type of Internet Connection you have And do you have Proxy?

I had local cable PPPOE connection And never had connection/speed prob with CyberGhost special edition, Windscribe free/promo, AviraVPN free, AvastVPN trial, ExpressVPN premium, Zenmate free/premium, OkayFreedom promo, SteganosVPN promo, etc...

Now I have free 3 months trial new provider JIO Network And no probs with it too with the above mentioned VPN.

Reactions: frogboy

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Yes, I tried switching to UDP, but to no avail. Then, I switched it back to automatic.

I'm using a DSL connection without proxy. Nothing wrong with my connection. It's the best in my country.

CyberGhost works best for me, so I'll stick with it. No complaints here.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014

Your post reminded me a problem I had with Paypal account last month. In summer one guy asked me if I had Paypal to pay me $45. I never used Paypal before so I decided to open it. During the registration I used USA VPN and put a fake name/last name, cellphone number.... Last month I decided to pay with PayPal for staff. I tried to login in but it gave me error like ,,suspicious activity detected. Please confirm your identity,,. That time I used Netherlands IP. I change IP everytime. It asked me if I wanted to confirm my identity sending me a sms but I put fake one. So, I had to remember which USA Ip I used during the registration. Finally, I could enter to pay. Now I don't want to use Paypal :) unless I open Paypal with real information about myself to avoid such issue. It is a really hard job to prove them that is my Paypal but not stolen one if provided fake information during registration.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I cannot. GUI for manual server selection shows "Premium". When I select manual server selection, GUI with country/server opens And when I select any country/server, it mention manual server selection in premium, upgrade.....

I will post screenshots now...

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
See?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    199.3 KB · Views: 501
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yash:

Logout from your account and then you will be able to choose your server.
No, I got it.

Actually, CG tray icon has the connect option with free/paid servers, paid servers are greyed out.

From main GUI, you cannot connect to any servers i.e it mention upgrade.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
No, I got it.

Actually, CG tray icon has the connect option with free/paid servers, paid servers are greyed out.

From main GUI, you cannot connect to any servers i.e it mention upgrade.

You need to log out from your expired account to use the free version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.