Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
IVPN has 3.5 (of 5) in google play store.
Since when Google Store rating is a proof of efficiency, most users are average joes who don't even understand security and even less what a good VPN should be...
IVPN is reputed the most safe and efficient VPN, and this is coming from privacy paranoids all over security/privacy forums.
I have a colleague, a professional, using it, it claim the same.
So please don't mention Google Store, PCmag and other crap marketing sites or sources to rate VPNs.
Do some serious research like I did.

Note I don't use IVPN, a bit expensive to my taste compared to the one I use, Mullvad, which is as good.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
Just hope Mullvad's new "arrangements" with Malwarebytes and such don't turn it into another mass-VPN operation. Up til now it has been a nice, small, niche VPN with better than average experience.

If Mullvad goes all Disneyland then will have to buck-up and pay the IVPN fee. Make the switch. Because IVPN won't enter into arrangements that will negatively affect their service. Guys there are gonz0-paran0ids.
Exact. let see what Mullvad will be, if they start using virtual servers to accommodate with an increased mass of users, then IVPN will be my exit door. Then the investment will be worthy, since, in my book, it will be the only serious VPN left.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
I am seeing IVPN at $60/year (yearly payment) and Mullvad at $5/month which is also 60/year. Why do you say it´s twice the price?
60$ is basic for limited devices/options. The one to compare with Mullvad is the 100$ yearly plan.

Untitled.png

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
I've been using Private Internet Access (PIA) for quite some time. Nothing much to say except that it connects automatically at startup to the fastest server, properly blocks me location online, is butt easy to use, and doesn't keep logs. I rarely notice it's there until I log into something I trust where I need to turn it off for a bit. I don't really notice any slowdown whether it's on or not.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
I've been using Private Internet Access (PIA) for quite some time. Nothing much to say except that it connects automatically at startup to the fastest server, properly blocks me location online, is butt easy to use, and doesn't keep logs. I rarely notice it's there until I log into something I trust where I need to turn it off for a bit. I don't really notice any slowdown whether it's on or not.
PIA is quite reputed.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hmmmm....... Mullvad vs IVPN

1) Price-wise IVPN is more expensive per annual subscription
2) Both can pay using cash with no user data collection which are great for privacy
3) Features-wise IVPN has true double-hop, AntiTracker and Hard Mode
4) Mullvad has about 6x more servers than IVPN
5) IVPN has been audited to not keep log
6) I'm not seeing both VPNs working in China but IVPN claims they are working hard on it. See chart in below top link

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hmmmm......... it seems IVPN Windows app can work in China but not its android app. Read below review

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
Hmmmm......... it seems IVPN Windows app can work in China but not its android app. Read below review

If they can't do it, then nobody will.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.