Why I am avoiding preview updates and waiting a couple of days before downloading monthly ones

And I even took a screen shot of the start menu opened pre update to compare, and didn't notice a difference.
Actually, I will not offer any adv for me; my start menu is almost empy.
Capture.JPG


What I need more is dark mode for legacy Notepad.
 
After installing that update, I haven't noticed any of the supposed changes either. Administrator Protection, which I thought to be the most interesting news, was also said to be included. It's nowhere to be found my security settings, though. :unsure:
I'm not sure on my end either, not getting an additional Windows Hello prompt or have a toggle option?
This is from a Leo search:
  • Administrator Protection is part of a broader security initiative and is designed to provide just-in-time elevation of privileges using Windows Hello authentication.
  • The feature requires a reboot to take effect after being enabled via Windows Security, Group Policy, or Intune.
  • It is available on all editions of Windows 11, including Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education, allowing both enterprise and home users to benefit.
  • The rollout is phased, meaning users who install the update may not immediately see the Administrator Protection toggle, as Microsoft enables it for specific device cohorts over time.
 
Last edited:
That's ridiculous. I'll pass on the new Start menu. They're crazy at Microsoft.
I don't even use Start much. Mostly taskbar.
It's a shame they didn't make it easier, something that to enabled it could be enabled via a start menu right-click option, or from the Settings?
It will probably roll out more widely as time goes on.
I uninstalled the preview update. When I then ran Windows Update, Windows immediately started reinstalling it. Windows Update didn't suggest it to me; it just started the update process right away. It's unbelievable what Microsoft gets up to.
Probably because you uninstalled while it was still in the install process, so it just proceeded to install it again.
 
I don't even use Start much. Mostly taskbar.

It will probably roll out more widely as time goes on.

Probably because you uninstalled while it was still in the install process, so it just proceeded to install it again.
The preview update has been showing as installed in the update overview for several days now. What else was being installed in the background is a mystery to me.
 
Preview updates KB5067036 and .NET Framework preview update KB5067931 have been reinstalled. When shutting down the PC, there is no longer a message indicating that updates are still running and that the computer should not be turned off. Something must have gone wrong during the previous installation of these two updates.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top