peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Open Event Viewer
1. Go to Applications And Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics Performance > Operational
2. Right-click Operational > Filter Current log > Type "200-299" in <All Event IDs> > OK

You should see a list of any existing shutdown logs.

Edit: Why use Driver Booster software on a 10th gen PC (2020)? Did you forget how to update drivers?
I don't see filter logs tho:

1619268850930.png

Also, for the driver booster I like this:
These tools are helpful

1619268723746.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I will check If I have any of that, because I think I have : <
Don't think I have tho View attachment 257238
I don't know the details of this software, but if it is in this state, isn't page file deletion enabled?

キャプチャ.PNG

How are you currently adjusting this settings screen? I want to see a screenshot.

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Open Event Viewer
1. Go to Applications And Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics Performance > Operational
2. Right-click Operational > Filter Current log > Type "200-299" in <All Event IDs> > OK

You should see a list of any existing shutdown logs.

Edit: Why use Driver Booster software on a 10th gen PC (2020)? Did you forget how to update drivers?
Nothing

1619288270366.png

Upvote 0

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
I'd suggest you to unninstall Driver Booster and others IOBIT's garbage from your system and then check if the problem is solved...
Open CMD or Powershell and type these commands:
chkdsk /f /r
sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Reboot the computer. Do not interrupt the process.

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I'd suggest you to unninstall Driver Booster and others IOBIT's garbage from your system and then check if the problem is solved...
Open CMD or Powershell and type these commands:
chkdsk /f /r
sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Reboot the computer. Do not interrupt the process.
Windows finds one error, I will restart later to see what will happen

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
If you use any third-party disk cleaners, they may delete these Event Viewer logs by default / your custom settings.
Windows fix the disk error, things seems to be better now. (It took 2-3 sec on the shutting down screen but after that it shuts down normally)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.