Windows 10 Threshold 2 now available

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform and experience, including thousands of partners updating their device drivers and applications for great Windows 10 compatibility. Windows 10 also starts rolling out to Xbox One today and select mobile phones soon.

Full article: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available Today

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform and experience, including thousands of partners updating their device drivers and applications for great Windows 10 compatibility. Windows 10 also starts rolling out to Xbox One today and select mobile phones soon.

Full article: First Major Update for Windows 10 Available Today
Thanks for the update. Now I am downloading.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Der.Reisende
I

illumination

I have two systems here in the US waiting for the update, but it is not being pushed here either. Soooo, since i was going to reformat one of them anyway, i went to the Media creation tool, and it has been updated already, it is currently burning to my flashdrive.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Im in Portugal and i cant get the update yet...it says my OS is Updated...no downloads available...but ty..i will see wuts wrong
Nothing wrong, it's being rolled out like the original Win 10 release do to it's size, I'm in the U.S. and don't see the update yet.

D

Deleted member 2913

I read at Wilders that update restored quite a few settings to defaults like IE, privacy, default apps, etc...

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
I read at Wilders that update restored quite a few settings to defaults like IE, privacy, default apps, etc...

Yeah, seems like it. For example Defender got turned back on on my Grandpas system, i havent checked others yet, but will do later on.

Also in 1511 Defender is on Version 4.9, not longer 4.8

D

Deleted member 2913

Yeah, seems like it. For example Defender got turned back on on my Grandpas system, i havent checked others yet, but will do later on.

Also in 1511 Defender is on Version 4.9, not longer 4.8
You mean the system has third party AV installed & still defender got turned ON?

Is ISO available for this update?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.