Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
My first download attempt failed:mad:

Just successfully upgraded to v1511, build 10586.3:)

The whole process took about 2hrs and 10 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Previously Windows Defender updates use to show up in settings - update history.
After Threshold 2.. do you see WD updates in update history?
I dont see WD updates in update history now. Have they changed this i.e dont show WD updates in update history now? I did clean install of Threshold 2.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
after this upadte I got without wireless internet connection...some drivers were missing...

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Previously Windows Defender updates use to show up in settings - update history.
After Threshold 2.. do you see WD updates in update history?
I dont see WD updates in update history now. Have they changed this i.e dont show WD updates in update history now? I did clean install of Threshold 2.

Maybe its no longer using Win Update since when Win Update was running Defender updates didnt work and vice cersa :)

Nice move if its the case.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is there anyone not received this updates? Mine's still not
blink.png
(Windows 10 Education edition)
x2WGLyA.png

You are not alone ;), I didn't receive any updates too even those 3 conditions were not even meet according to Ghacks article.

Well I'm busy on my usual task so I don't bother to upgrade yet.

But if you insist to have it then follow the steps for solution no.2 that deals on Cleanup. Link

Reactions: frogboy and Maxxx58
D

Deleted member 2913

Now rightclick option has scan with windows defender. It is coz of this threshold 2?

Is there an option to remove or not show it in the rightclick option?

Reactions: KokoKid

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Now rightclick option has scan with windows defender. It is coz of this threshold 2?

Is there an option to remove or not show it in the rightclick option?
I just noticed that too! That happens even though windows defender is disabled. Even if you right click it says it is disabled .--.

D

Deleted member 2913

I just noticed that too! That happens even though windows defender is disabled. Even if you right click it says it is disabled .--.
You mean if WD is disabled & you click scan with WD it mention WD is disabled, right?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 10 Version 1511 cumulative update (KB3118754) is now available for those on Windows 10 TH2

Installed without any problems..for a change!

Reactions: KokoKid and Maxxx58

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, weird .-.
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.11.19_15h53m39s_002_.png

It doesn't show in CCleaner context menu edit
To delete it from the context menu if you are not using it do the following:
  • Press the Windows key and R, type regedit and hit Enter.
  • Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {09A47860-11B0-4DA5-AFA5-26D86198A780}
  • Right click this key and select Delete.
  • Click Yes.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"If you’re running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can take advantage of the free upgrade offer and receive the November update as part of your Windows 10 upgrade."

How stable is Threshold 2 compared to Windows 10 RTM, on a clean vs upgrade install?

And If I upgrade, how can I check if pre-installed software will remained installed?
  • AutoCAD 2015
  • Steam (Games + Software)
  • Sandboxie
  • Spotify
Thanks.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
"If you’re running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can take advantage of the free upgrade offer and receive the November update as part of your Windows 10 upgrade."

How stable is Threshold 2 compared to Windows 10 RTM, on a clean vs upgrade install?

And If I upgrade, how can I check if pre-installed software will remained installed?
  • AutoCAD 2015
  • Steam (Games + Software)
  • Sandboxie
  • Spotify
Thanks.

When you tell it to install it will list the software that is incompatible with the release. It's the last chance it gives you to give up.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
When you tell it to install it will list the software that is incompatible with the release. It's the last chance it gives you to give up.
Thanks for the information, however I read that Microsoft pulled the Threshold 2 update from their Update servers and from the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. For the time being, I think I will put the upgrade to Windows 10 on hold.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The only problem I had in with threshold 2, besides the incompatibility with safesign I mentioned before is that it completeley killed game performance on my notebook. Even old games such as Torchlight or Fallout will slow down to a crawl all of a sudden just to return to normal in a few seconds.

Curiously most newer games,such as the latest update to Starcraft II, for instance, run normally and even faster in this new build.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.