I'd put this guy against him any time.
Hickock.jpg

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There is no update yet, I think I will wait a few more daysView attachment 241454
I think the 'Check for updates' has been disabled temporarily due to the ten issues faced duriing the 2004 firmware rollout. Once MS has resolved the ten issues you can proceed to 'Check for updates' and then download from there. See post #35 on page 2

For me I'll just sit back and wait for MS to resolve the ten issues before downloading. No hurry for me.

However, you can still manually download by other means

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
An issue I discovered in Insiders that never got fixed is still present in 2004. Does anyone use the "checkhealth" parameter in dism command? It doesn't go thru, it just jumps to the end. "scanhealth" works. Not important enough?

Can somebody pls try the dism routine w/checkhealth and confirm?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
An issue I discovered in Insiders that never got fixed is still present in 2004. Does anyone use the "checkhealth" parameter in dism command? It doesn't go thru, it just jumps to the end. "scanhealth" works. Not important enough?

Can somebody pls try the dism routine w/checkhealth and confirm?
If you have installed the 2004 firmware and the issue is one of the ten issues as reported it means it is not fixed in that firmware you installed.

See post #35 on page 2

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I did a clean system reset today and reinstalled windows due to the ESET issue. I could have done troubleshooting all night, but I know a new install will do the trick. However, once 2004 was reinstalled it pulled a cumulative update for 2004 has anyone else seen an update?

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Here’s the features Microsoft is removing with Windows 10 2004 (fewer than you think):
Each OS update not only brings new features, but Microsoft also engages in some spring cleaning, removing some little-used cruft built-up over the years.

With the release of the Windows 10 May 2020 update Microsoft has also released their list of deprecated or removed features, and on this occasion, the list is much shorter than usual.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Should work through GPO maybe, it should have the updated values if the option still there.
Those GPO related options don't work either, at least on my newly installed system. Maybe someone else can check if it works on theirs.
However, once 2004 was reinstalled it pulled a cumulative update for 2004 has anyone else seen an update?
Yes same happened here. It's common then. I even searched this kb update on MS website and weirdly it was written as an update for Windows Insider preview released almost a month ago. Don't know why it wasn't included in the ISO!
Btw, can you check one thing in your free time? Since you're using Windows 10 Home, does this method of enabling Group Policy in Home works for you? Backup your system image before trying.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
If you have installed the 2004 firmware and the issue is one of the ten issues as reported it means it is not fixed in that firmware you installed.

See post #35 on page 2

These known issues you referenced involve hardware. The dism....checkhealth issue is probably extremely minor in comparison and has been around at least since Insider build 19569. Another small bug that apparently didn't get fixed before coming to release.

Thanks though .:)

Yay, no more Cortana!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
L

Local Host

The Update won't be available for the majorly of devices any time soon (will take weeks), is released in waves.

Will also take months for it to appear automatically on Windows Update as well (automatic install is only triggered if you use an unsupported version of Windows 10).

If you force the Update, just remind who's fault is it if you run into issues, as Microsoft is still waiting for third-party Software and Drivers to be updated for 2004.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

tetridental73

Level 1
May 17, 2020
I actually got 2004, I'm not sure where this should go but they completely revamped Cortana and I really don't like it. There's a whole different UI that I don't like and there's no more Hey Cortana.

Please tell me if this isn't the correct spot to post this (off topic, etc.)!
Annotation 2020-05-29 113202.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.