Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows 11 22H2 apparently already shipping with build 22621.521 (KB5017321)
It looks like Windows 11, version 22H2 has apparently already begun shipping inside new laptops. A forum member on Thurott with the username WILL had ordered a new Dell laptop but was surprised to notice a new boot animation. They soon realized that Dell had shipped them a device packing Windows 11 22H2.

Early reports, backed up by some compelling evidence, had pointed to a September 20th general availability (GA) of next feature update. Rumor also had it that build 22621.382 was meant to be packaged as the GA release. However, WILL claims that the build which has arrived on their Dell device is 22621.521 instead.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows 11 2022 Update (version 22H2) is now rolling out
After almost a year of beta testing, Microsoft’s Windows 11 version 22H2 is finally available to download.

The update, also known as Windows 11 2022 Update, brings a host of noteworthy features to Microsoft’s desktop OS. These include an updated File Explorer with tabs, richer Start menu and taskbar experience, enhanced search functionality, support for improved security and password-free logins, and much more.

Windows 11 22H2 is now available for download as an ‘optional feature update’! The update is rolling out via Windows Update, Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool, which means you can force download the operating system using an installation wizard or by creating installation media.

The availability of a media creation tool means you can likely bypass the high standards of Microsoft’s phased rollout and install it now. In other words, you won’t have to wait for Windows Update to tell you the update is now available for your machine.

Microsoft tends to release feature updates in waves and Windows 11 version 22H2 is no exception. For example, our primary hardware doesn’t have it in Windows Update yet, but we’re able to download and install the update using the Media Creation Tool. Of course, remember you can always download Windows 11 ISOs and do a clean install.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Update is in progress here.
Finished here, no issues so far👍

winver.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Today, the Windows 11 2022 Update rolls out in 190+ countries.
The world has 195 countries. Windows 11 2022 Update rolls out in 190+ countries means minimum is 191 countries received the rollout. My country is in the balanced 4 countries not receiving the rollout?

I just checked.........still haven't got the update................ok so my country got excluded...........

:rolleyes:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
With Windows 11 2022 Update now rolling out to customers, Microsoft updated its official documentation to provide information about the support window for its latest operating system. Like its predecessor, the OG Windows 11 21H2, Windows 11 2022 Update has a lifecycle of 24 months.

The 24-month support period is valid for systems running consumer-oriented SKUs, such as Home, Pro, Pro Education, Pro for Workstations, and SE. Those using enterprise and education versions of Windows 11 get one extra year of support.

According to Microsoft, Windows 11 2022 Update or 22H2 will reach its end of life on October 14, 2024, and October 14, 2025, for customer and enterprise versions respectively.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I'm not an insider so why do i get this update instead of the 22 update ?? lol MS
So it seems for insiders, so i'm not installing this update ... just waiting for 22 update (but can also take a few weeks , i don't care )

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.