WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi plat1098,

Version is 2.09, OK? May I know the name/s of the driver/s?
Yes, version is 2.09 at present and we have our own engine based on ML.
My only little quibble is its system "quick" scanning is really slow on a machine with a Samsung 970 EVO SSD and i7 CPU yet there is nothing in the scan logs when you look for the amount of time it took.
Usually, if it's the first time you use WiseVector to scan, the speed will be slow, since our engine will extract lots of metadata from files when scanning. Next time, the metadata will be cached, so the scan will be much more faster.
the desktop shortcut will not open WiseVector but it is accessible in the system tray.
This bug will be fixed in our next version.
I find this error in Event Viewer. What can you tell me about it?
WiseVector Service is used to launch WiseVector. If WiseVector.exe and WiseVectorSvc.exe can launch automatically when Windows startup, it means WiseVector is working well.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
WiseVector Service is used to launch WiseVector. If WiseVector.exe and WiseVectorSvc.exe can launch automatically when Windows startup, it means WiseVector is working well.

Since WiseVector runs in Administrator Account, is this system-wide protection and does this mean Standard User Account is protected if service not started for this user? :unsure:

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Last malware and special malware packs just posted last evening by @Der.Reisende:

WV1.pngWV2.png

WV.png

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
There is a detail, when WV detects something and I mark it as exclusion and I report it as false positive, when it finishes the analysis the solve and skip buttons appear, logically the button to solve when it clicks does nothing. I think that when this happens the solve button should not appear just the Skip one.

1.png2.png

I also think that with this antivirus installed there is no need to add anything else in terms of security products, just the precaution of making sure not to open suspicious links in the emails that come to us and of course some backup. (y)

Another thing that I see positive is that in the file update.ini they have put in addition to the domains where the antivirus connects they have also put the page where the privacy policy is found.

hxxps://cloud.wisevector.com

hxxps://file.wisevector.com

hxxps://update.wisevector.com

hxxps://www.wisevector.com/privacy/

All domains respond to the IP address of Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd, if I am wrong in any statement please correct me.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @Lobito Punky ,

Your suggestion is reasonable and we would like to consider it.

We feel grateful that you are using WiseVector StopX and give it a (y). This means a lot for us.:)

Yes, we are using the Alibaba server now, so all domains respond to the IP address of Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd.

We have bought a European server already, it will be used in the near future and users outside China can access our page faster.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Wisevector support,

Normally the app pretty fast at scanner files but during driver update, it pause any where from 30 - 60 at particular dll especially at network and video driver. Normal software and windows update are quick.

Hi minhgi,

The particular dll is big or not? Is it the first time you use WiseVector StopX to scan?

Regards,
WiseVector

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Hi WiseVector,

The dlls aren't particularly big. I got a 2015 Lenovo Thinkpad laptop that was fresh install Win10Pro 1903 and used the Lenovo System Driver updater. Pretty sure the Intel drivers are rather old from 2015-2016. WiseVector might not have seem these files before. I'm not too worry since everything is installed and working probably using only WiseVector.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.