WV1.pngWV2.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I did some speed tests and perhaps someone could comment if they see the same behaviour.
Example:
On my machine running Norton Security + Cylance the default start time for Google Chrome is less than 0.2 seconds.
Adding StopX instead of Cylance raises the startup time to 0.8 up to 1S. so this is an increase by factor 4 or 5.
There is also a massive increase when starting up other apps independent if I start them the 1st, 2nd or whatever time.
For Chrome I took the average of 100 executions.

cheers
Hi Glashouse,

Thanks for your tests.
1. Usually, if it's the first time you use WiseVector StopX, it will be a bit slow when starting up apps, since our AI based engine will extract lots of meta-data. Next time, the meta-data will be cached, and startup time will be much more faster.
2. Can you please install WiseVector StopX individually in your virtual machine to have tests? We have tested and it raises the startup time, but not so much as you described. I don't know what's the actual reason.:unsure:

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I have a new request for @WiseVector, in a few minutes I'll publish some tests on the MWHub of RiPlace POC, and WiseVector StopX 2.09 failed them, it would be interesting that be fixed in the new upcoming build :)
Hi,

Thank you very much for your testing.
We have downloaded the tool and reproduced the problem.
Yes, it will be fixed in the new upcoming build.:giggle:

Best regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.