Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Anyone seen how good the wisevector firewall is vs comodo? I'm wondering if I even need the firewall on comodo at all and just use the sandbox feature or just wisevector alone. I'm not sure what tweaking wisevector needs when running alone other than hips and firewall running on high setting.
Comodo is default deny
and wise vector is a filter
So

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I thought default combination meant default settings. Does she mean pre version 3 components?
This post presents two options, one with WV + CF and one WV only:

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I thought default combination meant default settings. Does she mean pre version 3 components?
I guess some clarification is needed as I tend to be a bit vague at times:

First off, as WVSX version 3 is being actively pushed out I suggest all upgrade from version 2.73. As to the settings in different scenarios, for those using cruelCF, add WVSX 3.03 with both the HIPS and CF modules at Automatic mode. This is actually what I am using on my production systems, and they work seamlessly together. With WVSX alone (no CF) by all means set both HIPS and FW at High Security.

When considering the HIPS and FW modules of CF and WV independently, although I haven't done any extensive testing, some differences can be seen by running more subtle things like LoLbin scriptors. by doing this, it was seen that CF (HIPS and FW on Safe Mode) is essentially equivalent to WV (with HIPS and FW on High Security). However in these cases CF HIPS tends to blocks things more silently than WV but in both cases protection is afforded. As to the FW comparison, CF is more restrictive as a file mist be rated (even if totally legitimate) before it is allowed to connect out without alerts.

In short, for CF users that want a superb AV module adjunct, add WVSX 3 at default. For those without CF, use WVSX with HIPS and FW set at High.

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
I was looking at my event viewer and noticed this entry:

The WiseVector Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

Is this an issue if so should I go in the registry and enable interactive service?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I was looking at my event viewer and noticed this entry:

The WiseVector Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

Is this an issue if so should I go in the registry and enable interactive service?
Hi,
If WVSX can start with Windows, there is no need to change your settings.

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
I had to uninstall wisevector because of issues. My pc is running win11 with the latest updates. The issue is if I leave the pc running for about 20 minutes and try to reboot it never reboots. It just shows the spinning circles. Another issue is after a while the screen turns grey and desktop comes back. sort of like explorer.exe crashes. This happens with wisevector being the only security software installed.

Nikolay Kralev

Apr 20, 2017
I had to uninstall wisevector because of issues. My pc is running win11 with the latest updates. The issue is if I leave the pc running for about 20 minutes and try to reboot it never reboots. It just shows the spinning circles. Another issue is after a while the screen turns grey and desktop comes back. sort of like explorer.exe crashes. This happens with wisevector being the only security software installed.
i have the same problem, with restart or shutdown

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
my problem is that i cannot shutdown windows if i have WV in background running. it is very weird but after few failed shutdowns i uninstalled WV and problem was solved immediately.

Hello :)

Which Windows are you on?
Do you have another antivirus installed?
Do you have the latest version?

Some questions that can help developers :)

Personally I don't have this problem on my side.

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Hello :)

Which Windows are you on?
Do you have another antivirus installed?
Do you have the latest version?

Some questions that can help developers :)

Personally I don't have this problem on my side.
WV StopX had latest version, windows 10 os and i had panda free with it. Also i had false positive problem, i send it for WV but still it detects it as trojan.generic and i am sure this is safe system file.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Do you use only third-party screen savers?
Everytime when the pc running for about minutes, never reboots?
WVSX doesn't injected into explorer.exe, so I guess the crash was caused by another reason.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
WV StopX had latest version, windows 10 os and i had panda free with it. Also i had false positive problem, i send it for WV but still it detects it as trojan.generic and i am sure this is safe system file.
Hi,

The FP had been fixed 15 days ago. Can you please check whether Panda free stopped the automatic updating of WVSX? Or you can try to reinstall WVSX.
my problem is that i cannot shutdown windows if i have WV in background running.
If there is only WVSX installed, can you reproduce the issue? Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.