Xvirus Personal Guard - feedback and bug reports (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
System 32= ADware
TAGAQe5.jpg

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi Dani,

Some feedback for you about Xvirus Personal Guard. :)

Tested on Windows 10, 32-bit (real-machine)

Good

+ Installation was easy and without issues
+ If one process killed then it started again
+ UI is interesting, I like colors and menu
+ Toolbox features
+ Automatic updates

Possible bugs

- Settings not saved (after restart all default settings)
- Managed to close Xvirus completely via Task manager (Details tab -> End process tree) Screenshot
- Disabled heuristic analysis but still got pop-up about suspicious files Screenshot
- CPU usage is quite high all the time Screenshot

Suggestions

* Even when Quarantine list is empty It still show "Threats Were Moved to Quarantine Successfully"
(Maybe you should add some filter to see if Quarantine list is already empty) Screenshot
* If you cancel/stop scan, then maybe it should reset scanned files, found threats count to zero.

Overall

Because I am also developer of another product, I wish you all the best and I want to help
you with testing and feedback to work out all bugs. In this version one heuristic entry called
Adware.InstallCore.A caused many false positives but I am sure you can fix it.

@Dani Santos Keep it up and if you have any questions then feel free to ask anytime via MT or Skype. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• Xvirus_1.png
    Xvirus_1.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 569
  • Xvirus_2.png
    Xvirus_2.png
    13 KB · Views: 573
  • Xvirus_3.png
    Xvirus_3.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 577
  • Xvirus_4.png
    Xvirus_4.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
@Kardo Kristal
- Settings not saved (after restart all default settings)
Fixed in new version
- Managed to close Xvirus completely via Task manager (Details tab -> End process tree)
It is supposed to protect from malware not from people.
- Disabled heuristic analysis but still got pop-up about suspicious files
Fixed in new version
- CPU usage is quite high all the time
On our test it only was between 0 and 3 % of cpu.

The new version 5.1 will be released in a few moments.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I think you have a promising project in hands. If you take it seriously and with passion, then it is most definitely worth it!

Focus on usefulness and usability, even if it's not a full antivirus, then better to be a good companion, than a bad attempt at a full AV. And who knows what the future holds?

Good luck!

Tuga

Dec 20, 2014
Hi
Dani
We have already talked once by email about your product.

About this new release.
First of all: I give you my congratulations, because what you're doing is not easy. I think you are on the right track and you must not give up. However there are some things to correct. I just tested it on XP. I know that there are some bugs on XP, and It's understandable you concentrate your efforts on Windows 7 and 8 because XP is old. I also intend to test it on 7 and 8.1 and then we talk again.
However there are some issues to be corrected:
- memory used: too much. Sometimes it goes beyond more than 1GB!!
- scanner speed: very slow. A quick search exceeded 20 minutes ( and my disk has only 25 gb of files! ). What would it be to carry out a full scan?
- still incompatible with some programs;
- alerts aren't very explicit ;
- does not indicate when the research ends;
- finally, a note: the layout doesn't have a Portuguese option?! My friend, you do not speak Portuguese?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.