Xvirus Personal Guard - feedback and bug reports (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

My first impression is very positive.

Qihoo and Xvirus mutually detected as malware and after a System Scan has detected me a total of 4 false positives, little-known applications .

The scan has been rapid, and the truth is a software that I'm enjoying it a lot.

I keep trying it , and I say it because I do it with a smile on my face

Thanks again @Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
My first impression is very positive.

Qihoo and Xvirus mutually detected as malware and after a System Scan has detected me a total of 4 false positives, little-known applications .

The scan has been rapid, and the truth is a software that I'm enjoying it a lot.

I keep trying it , and I say it because I do it with a smile on my face

Thanks again @Dani Santos

I'm very happy to know that, can you please send the false positives to samples@mysecuritywin.com ?

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
Xvirus Update 5.2 Download
Changelog:
  • Fixed bug where xvirus GUI would not show;
  • Improved quarantine restore code;
  • Added button to restore settings to default;
  • Fixed bug where whitelist was not working correctly;
  • Added scan tab;
  • Minor bugs fixed.
Will be submitted to Comodo for whitelisting.

Reactions: Dani Santos

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Any Infos to add the Definitions information to it

Can you add a information when a Scan is finished

With Best Regards
Mops21

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Any Infos to add the Definitions information to it

Can you add a information when a Scan is finished

With Best Regards
Mops21

You can see the definition info on the scan tab. A pop up is displayed when the scan is complete.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
You can see the definition info on the scan tab. A pop up is displayed when the scan is complete.

Hi Dani Santos

Thank you very much for your answer. Is it better to add the definition info in the update tab and in the about info. Can you add a right click context menu to scan Files in the folders.

With Best Regards
Mops21

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Thank you very much for your answer. Is it better to add the definition info in the update tab and in the about info. Can you add a right click context menu to scan Files in the folders.

With Best Regards
Mops21
That feature already exists.

S

Sr. Normal

Hi Dani Santos
Can you add a right click context menu to scan Files in the folders.
Mops21

Just check the box in Settings

upload_2015-1-10_22-22-47.png

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi both

Thank you very much for you answers. Is it better to add the definition info in the update tab and in the about info.

With Best Regards
Mops21

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I downloaded your software yesterday, but I found your heuristic engine was so sensitive and had many false positives.
btw, a too-large database which storage virus' hashes is not a good idea.
advice:file digital signature verification, file format identification

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi
Impressive 0-day malware detection (tests can be found online), frequent updates and nice GUI. I enabled the option "cloud check" in my test. Some false positives (SystemExplorer.exe, HitmanPro.exe, Mamutu.exe, Antilogger.exe, ZALSDKCore.dll, imageres.dll form System Explorer, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Mamutu, Zemana Antilogger and Windows 8.1). I couldn't send false positives - my mail address (from the web site http://poczta.o2.pl) was rejected.
Xvirus can detect the software downloader from www.dobreprogramy.pl, but if allowed, the downloader successfully installs "Omiga-plus", "Spy File union" and "PriceFountain" PUPs (many internet requests blocked by my firewall). Can't detect "Search Protect" PUP either. Some good antimalware engines allow software downloads to work, but block attached PUPs.
The option "Monitor every unknown process" did not work for me, due to constant popups:
"Cloud check, Malware was Detected and removed, Path: label1" ????
I quarantined the downloader and then Xvirus showed the popup that a computer restart is required. I ran the downloader again (without rebooting) ... no popups at all ??? Xvirus forgot about this adware!
Not very fast "System Scan" (enabled cloud check, heuristics on, files smaller than 50 MB) - 1 hour scan time (50 GB data on the system SSD drive).
Anyway, it's a promising pre-beta and many things can still be improved.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I downloaded your software yesterday, but I found your heuristic engine was so sensitive and had many false positives.
btw, a too-large database which storage virus' hashes is not a good idea.
advice:file digital signature verification, file format identification
I'm trying to reduce the false positive, if you could send them to samples@mysecuritywin.com so the files can be whitelisted.
The database is not too big if you compare to the biggest companies.
Im implementing the features you suggest right now;)
Thanks.

Reactions: xywcloud

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I'm trying to reduce the false positive, if you could send them to samples@mysecuritywin.com so the files can be whitelisted.
The database is not too big if you compare to the biggest companies.
Im implementing the features you suggest right now;)
Thanks.
Unnamed QQ Screenshot20150111205336.jpg

I don' t know why XVirus identify most of my computer's running processes as Suspicious File(Including itself...)
[I enabled heuristic on File Guard]

Maybe you can divide your database into many little-size files(like Avira), reduce the cost of update.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
View attachment 41414
I don' t know why XVirus identify most of my computer's running processes as Suspicious File(Including itself...)
[I enabled heuristic on File Guard]

Maybe you can divide your database into many little-size files(like Avira), reduce the cost of update.
Thats a bug that happens sometimes. Reinstall xvirus to fix. And the database is divided for faster updates

Reactions: xywcloud

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi
Impressive 0-day malware detection (tests can be found online), frequent updates and nice GUI. I enabled the option "cloud check" in my test. Some false positives (SystemExplorer.exe, HitmanPro.exe, Mamutu.exe, Antilogger.exe, ZALSDKCore.dll, imageres.dll form System Explorer, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Mamutu, Zemana Antilogger and Windows 8.1). I couldn't send false positives - my mail address (from the web site http://poczta.o2.pl) was rejected.
Xvirus can detect the software downloader from www.dobreprogramy.pl, but if allowed, the downloader successfully installs "Omiga-plus", "Spy File union" and "PriceFountain" PUPs (many internet requests blocked by my firewall). Can't detect "Search Protect" PUP either. Some good antimalware engines allow software downloads to work, but block attached PUPs.
The option "Monitor every unknown process" did not work for me, due to constant popups:
"Cloud check, Malware was Detected and removed, Path: label1" ????
I quarantined the downloader and then Xvirus showed the popup that a computer restart is required. I ran the downloader again (without rebooting) ... no popups at all ??? Xvirus forgot about this adware!
Not very fast "System Scan" (enabled cloud check, heuristics on, files smaller than 50 MB) - 1 hour scan time (50 GB data on the system SSD drive).
Anyway, it's a promising pre-beta and many things can still be improved.
Thanks for testing the software. About the reboot problem, in the real world nobody will run a detected file twice, what xvirus does is adding to a temporary allow list which resets on reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.