Xvirus Personal Guard - feedback and bug reports (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
Hi
Impressive 0-day malware detection (tests can be found online), frequent updates and nice GUI. I enabled the option "cloud check" in my test. Some false positives (SystemExplorer.exe, HitmanPro.exe, Mamutu.exe, Antilogger.exe, ZALSDKCore.dll, imageres.dll form System Explorer, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Mamutu, Zemana Antilogger and Windows 8.1). I couldn't send false positives - my mail address (from the web site http://poczta.o2.pl) was rejected.
Xvirus can detect the software downloader from www.dobreprogramy.pl, but if allowed, the downloader successfully installs "Omiga-plus", "Spy File union" and "PriceFountain" PUPs (many internet requests blocked by my firewall). Can't detect "Search Protect" PUP either. Some good antimalware engines allow software downloads to work, but block attached PUPs.
The option "Monitor every unknown process" did not work for me, due to constant popups:
"Cloud check, Malware was Detected and removed, Path: label1" ????
I quarantined the downloader and then Xvirus showed the popup that a computer restart is required. I ran the downloader again (without rebooting) ... no popups at all ??? Xvirus forgot about this adware!
Not very fast "System Scan" (enabled cloud check, heuristics on, files smaller than 50 MB) - 1 hour scan time (50 GB data on the system SSD drive).
Anyway, it's a promising pre-beta and many things can still be improved.
Can you please upload the false positives to some file hosting?

Reactions: Dani Santos

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
well done, I always encourage 'grass roots' projects. I hope this continue well in its development !

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Can you check and reproduce on Win 8.1 did not work my right click scan menu

With Best Regards
Mops21

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Xvirus Personal Guard 5.2.1: download

• New features:
    • Fixed bug where Xvirus files guard was not working;
    • Fixed scanner not showing when a scan started;
    • Improved automatic updates;
    • Improved behavior guard;
    • Minor bugs fixed.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
You may have to update it manually has there is a bug with the updater that is fixed in the new version

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hello, it was already posted.

Hi

Yes that's right. Only i see you post that Xvirus Personal Guard 5.2.1 and when Xvirus Personal Guard 5.2.1 Build 2 in that Site

With Best Regards
Mops21

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.