Xvirus Personal Guard - feedback and bug reports (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

I have send you an Email to you can you answer me please

With Best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi
Dani
We have already talked once by email about your product.

About this new release.
First of all: I give you my congratulations, because what you're doing is not easy. I think you are on the right track and you must not give up. However there are some things to correct. I just tested it on XP. I know that there are some bugs on XP, and It's understandable you concentrate your efforts on Windows 7 and 8 because XP is old. I also intend to test it on 7 and 8.1 and then we talk again.
However there are some issues to be corrected:
- memory used: too much. Sometimes it goes beyond more than 1GB!!
- scanner speed: very slow. A quick search exceeded 20 minutes ( and my disk has only 25 gb of files! ). What would it be to carry out a full scan?
- still incompatible with some programs;
- alerts aren't very explicit ;
- does not indicate when the research ends;
- finally, a note: the layout doesn't have a Portuguese option?! My friend, you do not speak Portuguese?!!!

We are working to fix all the bugs and to reduce the system resources usage. Yes I am protuguese but translation is not our focus right now, maybe on a later version.

Reactions: frogboy

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
D

Deleted member 21043

em.
Symantec flagged Xvirus Firewall as malware.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...3cee0799b7ac4b2f62654c02/analysis/1420208386/
Dr.Web and Paretoligic blocked download link
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...3cee0799b7ac4b2f62654c02/analysis/1420208386/
and CMC and Symantec flagged Xvirus Personal gaurd as malware
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...cb871d6884ce56b09f5e1799/analysis/1420199572/
Blueliv / Dr.Web/ ParetoLogic/ Websense ThreatSeekerblocked download link.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/6...f14b2db6033cdcce3787221d/analysis/1420208648/
CMC - Packed.Win32.Zcrypt.3! O = (packer) (UPX last time I checked, I must recheck)
As for Norton, I guess people who use it don't use Norton therefore they see it as having a low reputation.

As for the website, I don't know. Maybe because they found the product to be detected due to encryption?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
CMC - Packed.Win32.Zcrypt.3! O = This is to stop people from STEALING code. If someone doesn't protect the code, a hacker can come along and directly see how they do things, or resell the code in another product. This is very bad and encryption helps prevent this.

As for Norton, I guess people who use it don't use Norton therefore they see it as having a low reputation.

No, The Packed.win32.zzcrypt.3!O is caused by the compression engine used by the installer of xvirus. Seems that that program detects all installers made by the installer we use

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi
Dani
We have already talked once by email about your product.

About this new release.
First of all: I give you my congratulations, because what you're doing is not easy. I think you are on the right track and you must not give up. However there are some things to correct. I just tested it on XP. I know that there are some bugs on XP, and It's understandable you concentrate your efforts on Windows 7 and 8 because XP is old. I also intend to test it on 7 and 8.1 and then we talk again.
However there are some issues to be corrected:
- memory used: too much. Sometimes it goes beyond more than 1GB!!
- scanner speed: very slow. A quick search exceeded 20 minutes ( and my disk has only 25 gb of files! ). What would it be to carry out a full scan?
- still incompatible with some programs;
- alerts aren't very explicit ;
- does not indicate when the research ends;
- finally, a note: the layout doesn't have a Portuguese option?! My friend, you do not speak Portuguese?!!!

You can lower the memory used and increase the scan speed by disabling the heuristics on the scaner and files guard. Can you tell me some imcompatible programs?

D

Deleted member 21043

UPDATE: In latest version:

Positives:
  • CPU usage has been optimized!
  • RAM usage is lower?
  • Product is more stable

Negatives:
  • When I go to History > Restore Selected it will say it has restored <item>... But nothing has been selected. Same for the remove button. (on the Quarantine).
:)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
UPDATE: In latest version:

Positives:
  • CPU usage has been optimized!
  • RAM usage is lower?
  • Product is more stable

Negatives:
  • When I go to History > Restore Selected it will say it has restored <item>... But nothing has been selected. Same for the remove button. (on the Quarantine).
:)
Will be fixed on next update. Thanks for letting me know

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Sorry for being a little bit off-topic but there is one funny thing I've seen about the Adblocker,
that it will not protect against anything? o_O :confused: You can read it from the screenshot.

8756244.png

BTW, Thanks for the update. @Dani Santos

Regards,
Kardo

The protection is not enabled. Click on the green button to enable.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
The protection is not enabled. Click on the green button to enable.

Thanks for the response. Oh, okay... :D

I can confirm that new update is much better. :) No more FPs, I see that you added filters to some buttons (my previous suggestion). RAM usage should be a little bit lower.

Regards,
Kardo

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks for the response. Oh, okay... :D

I can confirm that new update is much better. :) No more FPs, I see that you added filters to some buttons (my previous suggestion). RAM usage should be a little bit lower.

Regards,
Kardo

It had filters but they were not working right becuase it was checking >= and not >

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Have you got my 2 Emails. 1 is from 02.01.2015 and my secound is from 04.01.2015

Xvirus Personal Guard 5.1.1.0.exe CMC found it as a malware

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/...399aed8c7c350f7c092a2e6b/analysis/1420382520/
http://www.virusimmune.com.br/?lang=en#/6c6c840917aa1330472e235ddab79590

No, The Packed.win32.zzcrypt.3!O is caused by the compression engine used by the installer of xvirus. Seems that that program detects all installers made by the installer we use

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

Can you report it please and thank you for your answer

With Best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.