Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Your Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller.

Which from these software's to uninstall unnecessary software You prefer and why?

For me isn't easy question. ;)

I have two computers, one with Windows XP 32-bit and second with Windows 7 64-bit.

On Windows XP I prefer Revo Uninstaller (Free) because it is very good uninstaller.

On Windows 7 I prefer Your Uninstaller because free version of Revo Uninstaller not see 64-bit applications.

If I have Revo Uninstaller Pro I would prefer this software. But on system 64-bit Your Uninstaller is better.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have gone for Revo for a while now and works fine for what I use it for. I never knew thought that it did not work with 64 bit operating systems.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i strongly suggest you to stay away from Your Uninstaller, i won a license while back and after using it for few weeks i uninstalled it. cause my system to crash and somehow managed to disable my whole network accessibility after some of the uninstalls so i had to use system restore. i never had such issues with revo free.

Reactions: Koroke San

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I prefer Your Uninstaller removes almost all entries left by the programs more efficiently than revo free......but if I have to compare Your Uninstaller with Pro Version of Revo than I would choose Revo Pro....
there is also comodo program manager which does the same job as pro version of Revo..... ;)

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I've tried Revo Uninstaller Free & Pro have no problem with it but been using Your Uninstaller as my primary uninstaller tool for years and prefer it over anything else I have used. It is stable on my PC, quick and very thorough.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Woomera, I never has problems with Your Uninstaller.

But I'm very cautious, I don't uninstall like a badly installed programs, like: Adobe Shockwave- my system good working, so it probably an error.

And I use this software only to uninstall unwanted apps, not to optimize my PC.

I have other software's to optimize my PC.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
if you have 32bit go for revo free; I have tried it and it removed everything. You could even see what it about to be removed. I have 64bit and I am not really motivated to pay for it because I don't install thing or uninstall things so I don't see the worth of it. I have never hear of the other one.

I think you should go for a uninstaller that is a known name. and revo is very known and liked.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Valentin N, I have Windows XP 32-bit and on this system I use Revo Uninstaller, because I trust it.

On Windows 7 64-bit I mostly use Your Uninstaller but I have many 32-bit applications and I can uninstall them using Revo.

Valentino you're right, Revo Uninstaller is more known software, but Your Uninstaller is not bad.

But if You using Your Uninstaller You must be careful, Revo is more safety.

But on Windows 7 I prefer Your Uninstaller.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
jota13 said:
Valentin N, I have Windows XP 32-bit and on this system I use Revo Uninstaller, because I trust it.

On Windows 7 64-bit I mostly use Your Uninstaller but I have many 32-bit applications and I can uninstall them using Revo.

Valentino you're right, Revo Uninstaller is more known software, but Your Uninstaller is not bad.

But if You using Your Uninstaller You must be careful, Revo is more safety.

But on Windows 7 I prefer Your Uninstaller.

Try comodo Program manager v2 when it comes out. It's in beta so try it a vm machine. It fully supports 64bit OS.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Valentin N, thanks for info. :)

I will waiting for stable versions of Comodo Program Manager and maybe I test it.

I not use VM Machine. I never try it...

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
jota13 said:
Valentin N, thanks for info. :)

I will waiting for stable versions of Comodo Program Manager and maybe I test it.

I not use VM Machine. I never try it...

It's the best way to test and play with beta or program that might on your system, later.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Both are excellent products but I prefer Revo Uninstaller because it does a better job cleaning up left over junk and is freeware. Another excellent uninstaller almost as good as Revo is IObit Uninstaller.

IObit Uninstaller is just a stand-alone exe that doesn't require installation and can be used as a portable, it doesn't create any files or registry entries either. You can get it at Softpedia Just download and run from location. It's worth a try and supports 64 bit Windows. Simply just delete the exe if you don't like it and it is completely gone.

Thanks.:D

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
I have not tried Your Uninstaller, i'm using Revo Uninstaller, it's a good software, i think free version is good too, pro version have added function that you can get from ccleaner.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Your Uninstaller has problems with its uninstall routine (at least with version 5 and 6). It can manifest is all sorts of problems but the worst case i had while removing the program i choose is that it tried to delete all my installed programs. In my case (and my own opinion) Revo Uninstaller Pro is by far a better product, i've been using it for 2 years now with pleasure. Though i might go for Comodo Program Manager soon (when they improve the program a little).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For 32 bit system that mostly were still used I've found that Revo Uninstaller is fine enough, no commentary for "Your Uninstaller" since I didn't used it.

V

Vextor

I use Revo Uninstaller, because it works well. However, you should try COMODO Programs Manager when it comes out. I use it on my system and I really like it. I also like it as it monitors installs, so I can see whether a virus is installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.