App Review ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I expected more from Kaspersky... euh , ZoneAlarm I mean :)
There might be a delay in the signatures indeed, but this is the paid extreme version, so I would rather buy Kaspersky then.
But the firewall did a great job at blocking outbound connections, so thats one of the products strenghts on the other side.
They just need to improve on those Chinese fake installers/adware because that seems to be a popular kind of malware these days :)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I expected more from Kaspersky... euh , ZoneAlarm I mean :)
There might be a delay in the signatures indeed, but this is the paid extreme version, so I would rather buy Kaspersky then.
But the firewall did a great job at blocking outbound connections, so thats one of the products strenghts on the other side.
They just need to improve on those Chinese fake installers/adware because that seems to be a popular kind of malware these days :)

Yes, I agreed with you @kev216

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi safe! Great testings on Zone Alarm... I just tried for first time ever on my old old unused desktop. Seems to run smooth without any slows at all.

Do you think the better strength is the AV or Firewall ?

Zone is a decent enough solution for the more advanced, or safer PC user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.