Bryan320

Level 7
I have all my windows updates installed but i have not received the update to windows defender where you can enable the detection of PUP's with in the GUI. Any reason to why this update was not installed by windows it was installed on my old laptop but not my new one.... I'm running a new HP ENVY X360 with a intel 10th gen core i7 processor. With windows saying i have the latest updates i cannot see under "app and browser control" the option to enable PUP detection.

razorfancy

Level 2
Verified
I have all my windows updates installed but i have not received the update to windows defender where you can enable the detection of PUP's with in the GUI. Any reason to why this update was not installed by windows it was installed on my old laptop but not my new one.... I'm running a new HP ENVY X360 with a intel 10th gen core i7 processor. With windows saying i have the latest updates i cannot see under "app and browser control" the option to enable PUP detection.
In which Windows 10 build are you?
I am on Windows 10 build 2004 and I have that option.

Reactions: Bryan320

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Yeah, it is usually driver incompatibility that delays the upgrade. But updating the drivers might not help, because Microsoft maintains a list of drivers that have a high risk of causing issues, and some of those drivers have not received updates.
If you want to give it a try, download the ISO for version 2004, mount it, and run it with internet connection completely disabled for the whole duration of the upgrade procedure. I did it, and I had no issues afterward, but of course, no guarantees on that! Make sure you have a backup or something.

Bryan320

Level 7
UPDATE: i used the windows update assistant to get the latest version it's running smooth although i did notice an issue.... When going into the recycle bin the download folders are no longer easily accessible. I noticed this right after updating to windows 10 2004. i assume a fix will be out but it's not that big of an issue. Just have to dig more to get to the downloads folder.

Reactions: razorfancy

razorfancy

Level 2
Verified
UPDATE: i used the windows update assistant to get the latest version it's running smooth although i did notice an issue.... When going into the recycle bin the download folders are no longer easily accessible. I noticed this right after updating to windows 10 2004. i assume a fix will be out but it's not that big of an issue. Just have to dig more to get to the downloads folder.
Not sure you mean this but try to click on the arrow close to "This PC" or "Easy Access" in the side bar to expand the available options:

Last edited: