Antivirus Removal Tool - The technician friendly tool to detect and completely remove antivirus software.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.05 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, BigFix, Emsisoft, GData, Mcafee, Norton.

Thank you!

Nice tool that seems to be working good but, you should change it`s name since it is misleading. It does not Remove, it Cleans up. So ACT instead of ART.

Reactions: Nevi

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.06 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Emsisoft, Symantec, ZoneAlarm.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.08 (v.1).

### Changed:

- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, BigFix, BitDefender, Emsisoft, Mcafee, Vipre.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.09 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Emsisoft, F-Secure, Malwarebytes, Mcafee.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.10 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Adaware, Avast, AVG, Mcafee, Symantec, Vipre.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Can you add ESET
Hi JamieTech,

thank you for your suggestion, but ESET uninstaller is already in the tool:

print.png

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
Hi, a very nice program, here is my general feedback

1) Ensure you have a SYSTEM RESTORE point before using it and have a BACKUP in case system restore fails, because it messed my system up a bit I believe, and a restore fixed things while I had removed most of the AVs.

2) It seems even the uninstall tool of AVs which this tool comes with dont remove all the traces, as developer has also mentioned

Here is a question, if anyone can help out:

I have removed traces of all AVs now. But I am stuck with a few traces of F-secure (I was able to delete most) and I want to sure if it is safe/even worth it to try. The problem is that F-secure has left crap in two sensitive location

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\F-Secure
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\F-Secure

Problem 1 --> Even with my local admin account I don't seem to be able to access the Administrator folder (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\F-Secure). Let me be clear, I can access my own local admin account and was able to delete the crap F-secure left, but not the invisible hidden Administrator account that comes with windows...

Problem 2 --> I also also denied from accessing the other location I pasted above --> C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\F-Secure

How can I delete these and how safe is it really? 100% safe? To be clear I dont have f-secure installer and had it installed last about two years ago...

EDIT: Problem Solved.

-->
Had to browse directory by directory from the local admin account - for some reason putting the whole path in explorer would give me permission denied...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Antivirus Removal Tool has been released, version 2021.11 (v.1).

### Changed:
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Mcafee, Trend Micro, Vipre.

Thank you!

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016

AlexCa

Thread author
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
This program uses an AV company uninstaller program, right?

I haven't uses Kaspersky uninstaller in a while. But I can confirm this issue happened to me.

I have no idea if it has been fixed yet. But I wanted to ask, could I encounter the same issue with your removal tool?

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I wonder if you use this tool, if it will delete the kaspersky "klBackupDepository.dat" in the "System Volume Information" that K leave behind in there when you uninstall.... ?

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.