Advice Request Are you using an 64-bit OS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using an 64-bit OS?

• Total voters

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
64bit Since 3 years approximately on my laptops, before this I'd an oldest pc with 1gb ram maximum so had to use 32bit.
Once had to use 32bit on my laptop as Mindwave mobile (hardware device, had to connect with MATLAB in my laptop via bluetooth) wasn't compatible with 64bit, except this never had to worry about 64bit operating systems, they're totally solid.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
There is really no reason to use x86 anymore. I have tried tunning both versions on a laptop with 1,7 GB of usable RAM and there was zero difference, in memory usage or in overall performance. The only downside is the compatibly with older apps, but they have hard time running on 10 anyway.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.