Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I liked the old look, this one has adds taking 30 percent of the screen, and just looks too bright and white... I don't think I want to use this one,
but I like how light it is on memory and its signatures are very good.

Comodo Cloud has a really cool newer UI, bad sigs but with sandboxing.

Reactions: HunterKhajiit

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Not only I do not like the new UI, but I think lots of useful info is missing (Unless I am doing something wrong)

Eg.
The old UI was showing in the 1st screen the date you did the last update AND the date you did a full scan for last time.
How can I see this info now?

The (New) activity module can show the last update (after lot of keystrokes) but does not show when you did the last full scan.

ALSO:
Why do I have to see in my main screen the ad for Google play and Appstore?
Why do I have to see in my main screen the status of the modules I do not have?
Lot of useless info instead the needed one...

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I chose Avira for my signature based AV protection, which includes the cloud based APC as a plus. It fully meets my needs for that purpose. I run layered security with other products, so I just want an AV that is an AV only. I run other anti-exploit, anti-ransomware, and anti-executable defenses, as well as have my browsers locked down with script blocking extensions and numerous blacklists.

I have no Avira bloat because I only run the real-time protection module. I have it set to scan all files, and there is no perceptible impact on my system performance with that setting.

Running the latest version of Avira Pro, which is working very well. However the new interface could use some work. Hire an artist please!

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
The old UI was showing in the 1st screen the date you did the last update AND the date you did a full scan for last time.
How can I see this info now?

You can still open the old UI, just not directly from the new interface. I have a shortcut icon pinned to my quick launch taskbar that takes me there with one click.

Setup a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avcenter.exe". You can easily do this by navigating to the executable in this folder, right-clicking on it, and select "Pin to taskbar". Done!

However, I do hope they incorporate more of this function into the new UI, and that is most likely their plan.

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
You can still open the old UI, just not directly from the new interface. I have a shortcut icon pinned to my quick launch taskbar that takes me there with one click.

Setup a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avcenter.exe". You can easily do this by navigating to the executable in this folder, right-clicking on it, and select "Pin to taskbar". Done!

However, I do hope they incorporate more of this function into the new UI, and that is most likely their plan.
Wow... Very nice! Much better now!
Many thanks for sharing :D

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
We improved the loading speed of the new UI and fixed some minor issues with the last update 15.0.33. We have added also more informations about the license.
Yes, I already have that update, much better UI loading than last release (beta tester). I was asking more about future roadmap or something. What can we expect like behavior blocker/hips etc.
Edit: Also I see an option in the settings, 'Sensor Detection', any info on that? (There is nothing about it in the help file)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

As of new BETA build: 15.0.35.50, there are new flow and handling for realtime (guard) protection detections. No sign of Luke Filewalker, it may be gone finally? @MWTHelper

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I was a user of Avira for a long time ... but I think it's bloated, and another thing that I see is not necessary is Avira Lauch who is consuming, should eliminate the Avira Lauch is my opinion
I didn't notice the Avira launcher to use a lot of resources. But a user should have the choice to be able to hide, disable or simply not install it.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I was a user of Avira for a long time ... but I think it's bloated, and another thing that I see is not necessary is Avira Lauch who is consuming, should eliminate the Avira Lauch is my opinion
I've also been a user of Avira, and I always sent messages to them about how horrible the Avira Launcher was, totally unnecessary, after a long time they will update their interface (finally) I hope soon they also remove Avira Launcher, if they listened to their customers more, they would have removed it a long time ago.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Avira has this new SENSOR DETECTION

you can find it in Settings-General-Advanced protection
-Anti-Ransomware and some local bb even

Go and check it out
Thanks
Seems to be some kind of behavioral detection tech. Found this on their support:
This setting controls the detection of suspicious activities within the Windows registry, for running tasks and and file system activities. Some sort of behavior based detection. It is strongly recommended to let this protection option activated.

https://answers.avira.com/en/question/what-is-sensor-detection

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Seems to be some kind of behavioral detection tech. Found this on their support:
This setting controls the detection of suspicious activities within the Windows registry, for running tasks and and file system activities. Some sort of behavior based detection. It is strongly recommended to let this protection option activated.

https://answers.avira.com/en/question/what-is-sensor-detection
The link is crashing, if it's really detection by behavior, congratulations to Avira! But we wait for the response of the MWTHelper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.