Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Avira is mainly for signatures atleast they are doing best in that category
Buggy Ui , outdated interface and Bloat.
TRUST IN GERMAN SICHERHEIT
ADVICE: Implement some proactive technologies .. to be in the race!!

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
i guess i should rephrase it then cause i didn't remember
basically avira free's static detection was worse than the paid one
I do think Avira free is great to team up with CF simply for it's sigs. I'd choose it over Avast but that's simply a privacy issue. But, with WD getting better and better we're already pretty much sorted for sigs aren't we. I want to go back to KIS, but with ISP's and other companies blacklisting Kaspersky it either is going to be around much in the UK,US and EU, or there's going to be a lengthy court battle which will slow things down for Kaspersky. It's such a shame that Avira didn't invest heavily in proactive tech when they were still flying high they could have still been great now. But, it seems like they have no intention of investing in proactive tech.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Avira is mainly for signatures atleast they are doing best in that category
Buggy Ui , outdated interface and Bloat.
TRUST IN GERMAN SICHERHEIT
ADVICE: Implement some proactive technologies .. to be in the race!!
I agree their sigs are fantastic. Avira is pretty much the perfect partner for CF. CF for Zero day protection and Avira with it's sigs.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I do think Avira free is great to team up with CF simply for it's sigs. I'd choose it over Avast but that's simply a privacy issue. But, with WD getting better and better we're already pretty much sorted for sigs aren't we. I want to go back to KIS, but with ISP's and other companies blacklisting Kaspersky it either is going to be around much in the UK,US and EU, or there's going to be a lengthy court battle which will slow things down for Kaspersky. It's such a shame that Avira didn't invest heavily in proactive tech when they were still flying high they could have still been great now. But, it seems like they have no intention of investing in proactive tech.
no other sane country is going to follow in the US's footsteps, i'm not afraid of that.
yes, Avira is a great choice for sigs, but the bloat might make you question it.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
no other sane country is going to follow in the US's footsteps, i'm not afraid of that.
yes, Avira is a great choice for sigs, but the bloat might make you question it.
The UK will and I'm guessing with the right amount of pressure a few other countries will follow. I really hope I'm wrong because I love Kaspersky products especially KIS. In my personal opinion there's no consumer internet security suite that can match KIS.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Yes if they both associate well then it is a nice combo...Avira pro cloud response is faster than free
Pro is recommended..but price is hefty...
I want them to implement a BB..or AI..in it
Otherwise it is a good product:)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
The UK will and I'm guessing with the right amount of pressure a few other countries will follow. I really hope I'm wrong because I love Kaspersky products especially KIS. In my personal opinion there's no consumer internet security suite that can match KIS.
all Kaspersky needs to do is to have a few aws or google servers for first nodes and good luck blocking it.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
all Kaspersky needs to do is to have a few aws or google servers for first nodes and good luck blocking it.
Thank the Lord. The US government can throw their toys out of their pram all they want.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted member 65228

all Kaspersky needs to do is to have a few aws or google servers for first nodes and good luck blocking it
If the UK, U.S and other countries want to, they can ban Kaspersky Labs services and make it punishable with a fine if you're caught using it... The same way you can be fined for speeding on the road or caught littering.

They can also influence the media to cause people not to want Kaspersky Labs services... And for Kaspersky Labs to start switching servers constantly to avoid ISP blocks would cost a lot of money.

They could claim it is a "national threat" and the alike, and there you go, 1000+ people drop using it.

Opcode - Do you know if that tech is implemented in the free version? Not that I mind buying the paid AV.
I am not sure, but maybe @MWTHelper can help us out with this one (hopefully).

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If the UK, U.S and other countries want to, they can ban Kaspersky Labs services and make it punishable with a fine if you're caught using it... The same way you can be fined for speeding on the road or caught littering.

They can also influence the media to cause people not to want Kaspersky Labs services... And for Kaspersky Labs to start switching servers constantly to avoid ISP blocks would cost a lot of money.

They could claim it is a "national threat" and the alike, and there you go, 1000+ people drop using it.

I am not sure, but maybe @MWTHelper can help us out with this one (hopefully).
yea they can go that far, but are they gonna make a fool out of themselves when European countries agencies are denying the evidence the US allegedy has on Kaspersky?

we're derailing this thread now, dang it.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I agree their sigs are fantastic. Avira is pretty much the perfect partner for CF. CF for Zero day protection and Avira with it's sigs.
I find immunet with clamAV signature disabled is a better combo with CF :D
it's much lighter than avira, almost zero slowdown, very fast scanning speed, instant removal speed and super low memory usage, no bloatware

the signatures are not worse than avira

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I find immunet with clamAV signature disabled is a better combo with CF :D
it's much lighter than avira, almost zero slowdown, very fast scanning speed, instant removal speed and super low memory usage, no bloatware

the signatures are not worse than avira
Last time I tested immunet it was nowhere near Avira detection level. I've always thought that immunet was a terrible product detection wise perhaps it's changed but I certainly wouldn't say ClamAV is anywhere near Avira detection level.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Last time I tested immunet it was nowhere near Avira detection level. I've always thought that immunet was a terrible product detection wise perhaps it's changed but I certainly wouldn't say ClamAV is anywhere near Avira detection level.
If immunet detection level is even close to Avira's on a consistent basis I'd be very shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.