Battle Avira internet security suite or comodo internet security suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
hey hi guys just wanted to ask your opinions about these two security suite,been using comodo since the last two month then i grab a key of avira via its promo,i'm using it since 5 days,found it to be light effective i guess its lighter than nis 2012 too, but wanted to ask you what would you use comodo or avira,because from what i know comodo is really good against new malware,avira on the other end is kinda based on detection so if you were me what would you choose?

i also have malwarebyte and hitman pro :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Of the experience that I have had with Comodo is just as light as Avira. You get alot more options with Comodo, compared to Avira. Plus if you have Comodo on high settings you will expect to have FP and if you are okay with that. Also I find Comodo's firewall better than Avira's because of the things that it allows and does not allow.

My choice will have to be Comodo.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
McLovin said:
Of the experience that I have had with Comodo is just as light as Avira. You get alot more options with Comodo, compared to Avira. Plus if you have Comodo on high settings you will expect to have FP and if you are okay with that. Also I find Comodo's firewall better than Avira's because of the things that it allows and does not allow.

yea me too i prefer comodo firewall plus its stronger.i do find avira to be lighter but i don't really care comodo 5.8 is kinda light compared to 5.5 too. the comodo av is getting better too,i do agree comodo has some false positive i think thats the downside of it,but i can live with that waiting for more comments,so that i can decide base on it :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
McLovin said:

yea me too i prefer comodo firewall plus its stronger.i do find avira to be lighter but i don't really care comodo 5.8 is kinda light compared to 5.5 too. the comodo av is getting better too,i do agree comodo has some false positive i think thats the downside of it,but i can live with that waiting for more comments,so that i can decide base on it :)

Hoped it helped :)

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
McLovin said:
House_maniac said:
McLovin said:

Hoped it helped :)
yup i'm thinking about removing avira,because base on my activity on the net i gues comodo would be better just wanted some opinions to know if im right or not as avira 2012 is a new product.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
House_maniac said:
hey hi guys just wanted to ask your opinions about these two security suite,been using comodo since the last two month then i grab a key of avira via its promo,i'm using it since 5 days,found it to be light effective i guess its lighter than nis 2012 too, but wanted to ask you what would you use comodo or avira,because from what i know comodo is really good against new malware,avira on the other end is kinda based on detection so if you were me what would you choose?

i also have malwarebyte and hitman pro :)

Since you have two secondarey on-demand scanners that very good and accurate I would take CIS 5.8. It's really light compared to the 5.5, you also get more protection. Even if CIS doesn't have email protection (email protection will only be useful if you have email client, such as outlook, thunderbird or any alike), webprotection is not bad but not really needed because if the AV see it the malware will be blocked.

Regards

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Pointless comparing Avira to Comodo, if you already knew which product you were going to use.

Most people would choose Comodo, it not that good, but people use it anyway.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Earth said:
Pointless comparing Avira to Comodo, if you already knew which product you were going to use.

Most people would choose Comodo, it not that good, but people use it anyway.

i really like comodo thats true,but i had avira on my pc was waiting for some arguments to show up which would make me keep avira but everyone said comodo,so i guess i made up my choice,i don't agree with the part its not that good,its good its just that it has lots of false positive,which some people won't like :)

D

Deleted member 178

false positive generally comes from "unknown" or rarely used software, so anyone who did some investigation before installing one will know if it is an FP or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.