Battle BEST Offline Password Manager: KeePass Vs Sticky Password Free?

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Which free offline password manager would you prefer (without cloud)?

I already use sticky password premium. Sticky password has improved its windows extensions with new graphical identifier for input fields. This has made it very easy to use and autofill works for all sites now.

But i want to know if KeePass is better, being a open-source & free. Does it's autofill works with every site?

Please share & help me decide.

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
Safe in Cloud is my go to... the password database is encrypted and stored locally, you can sync to your cloud storage if you like, there is no web interface or host to get compromised anywhere so if someone gets hold of your database it is probably your own fault ;)

Reactions: shukla44

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I use both Keepass and Sticky, but primarily Sticky (lifetime license). I like Sticky's ability to sync between my networked PCs without requiring cloud access. FWIW, ChromeIPass is a decent extension which automates Keepass auto-fills. From overall ease of use... Sticky>Keepass IMO.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
My Password Manager is Intel Truekey. This is my first Password Manager i ever used. It works offline and online. Big advantage with Truekey is it's Face detection. You'r face is master password and windows password. Face detection is not available in offline.

C5584

Level 1
May 17, 2018
KeePass is the only one that is OPEN-SOURCE, it is exportable, doesn't lock you in in their platform and that you don't have to trust on their implementation that it is really storing your passwords in the cloud securely.

You can sync your db via dropbox or something if you need inter device sync.
You can you auto-type for easier auto-fill

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Well... I use text files zipped (Rared) together on another drive with a password using WinRar - This then has a shortcut on my desk, to access a password its a matter using the master password then looking for the site clicking on it & inputting the password on the site - It however doesn't add the parameters to the site that's cut & paste or type, it works very well quite secure, free but cruder than other solutions but I can keep the file on a flash drive when out. Other info can also be added easily to each sites file, not let me down yet in years. I suppose there are better ways?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.