Battle BEST Offline Password Manager: KeePass Vs Sticky Password Free?

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Which free offline password manager would you prefer (without cloud)?

I already use sticky password premium. Sticky password has improved its windows extensions with new graphical identifier for input fields. This has made it very easy to use and autofill works for all sites now.

But i want to know if KeePass is better, being a open-source & free. Does it's autofill works with every site?

Please share & help me decide.

computer man

Level 2
Sep 26, 2019
Switched to more complicated passwords with random patterns, the paper is right there so why not.
I've always found the best way to have secure passwords that are still relatively easy to remember is to base them off of familiar things. For instance:

First and last letter of your cousin Megan's name, number sign, year you graduated high school when you did your best to get an A+, the brand of your computer, on and on to get something like.

Mn#82A+ibM...

Reactions: shukla44

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I've always found the best way to have secure passwords that are still relatively easy to remember is to base them off of familiar things. For instance:

First and last letter of your cousin Megan's name, number sign, year you graduated high school when you did your best to get an A+, the brand of your computer, on and on to get something like.

Mn#82A+ibM...

Yeah but why would you melt your brain down with full of useless information instead of let the password manager do it's job...
Also length is the key. Complexity is not really. You can't remember a 50 character length complex password.
for example:
Thisismypasswordidontcareifyouthinkthisisweakbecauseitisnot123 is kinda secure and easy to remember. 62 characters lol
Plus if you type this in a foreign language, you are rock!

computer man

Level 2
Sep 26, 2019
Or even better. Using Veracrypt or some similar software, create an encrypted file with a very strong password and encryption. Create a spreadsheet of all your passwords and put them in the encrypted file. Now you have your own password manager that is extremely secure, doesn't rely on any apps or software you have to download which could easily have it's own bugs or even malware in it, and it's totally free.😃

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Enpass Portable is a much better option. It does support Windows and Linux, Sticky Password does not support Linux. The GUI is great, too.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
This is actually something I'm interested in. I use BitWarden right now. It's fantastic. But I do like the idea of having a local, secure, database. Lastpass getting hacked should have taught everyone to not put your complete faith in the cloud. I tried Keepass 2 and KeepassXC. Both were fine as a local app, but they both had really bad browser integration. With KeepassXC, the extension kept telling me that it was connected to the local app but none of my logins would auto-fill.

That being said, which service would you recommend that also works on Android? Is enpass good?

Thanks.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
How did you like it?

I was not convinced by this program, which does not mean that I do not recommend it.
Developed in India
Not open source software
Giving sensitive data to proprietary software is a bad idea.
For me KeePass is the best. It has what I need.

Reactions: ng4ever

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I was not convinced by this program, which does not mean that I do not recommend it.
Developed in India
Not open source software
Giving sensitive data to proprietary software is a bad idea.
For me KeePass is the best. It has what I need.

Which extension do you use with Keepass for browser integration, for form filling?

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Which extension do you use with Keepass for browser integration, for form filling?

I own Opera.
I don't have any plugins for KeePass
I use the auto-type feature for the selection.
I have the global shortcut CTRL+ALT+B set up

Tools-->Options-->Integration

Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.