Battle BEST Offline Password Manager: KeePass Vs Sticky Password Free?

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Which free offline password manager would you prefer (without cloud)?

I already use sticky password premium. Sticky password has improved its windows extensions with new graphical identifier for input fields. This has made it very easy to use and autofill works for all sites now.

But i want to know if KeePass is better, being a open-source & free. Does it's autofill works with every site?

Please share & help me decide.

G

Guilhermesene

Unless, I'm forgetting something, Keepass does have a form filler or work with android. Well, it may, but not very well. Those are musts for me.
Just as an addition to your comment: it is necessary to understand that the greater the integration, the less security, that is, more convenience, less security. So it's important to think about what you really want to focus on more, convenience or security.

G

Guilhermesene

I own Opera.
I don't have any plugins for KeePass
I use the auto-type feature for the selection.
I have the global shortcut CTRL+ALT+B set up

Tools-->Options-->Integration

View attachment 266759
In addition, to further improve security, it is ideal to check this box on each credential created in the vault. It makes that when activating the autofill, KeePass type in the browser in a "shuffled" way, this makes it even more difficult if your machine has a keylooger for example, for in this case, what is being filled in will not be in the order correct, making it difficult for the invader.
KeePass_hEEMed0U3C.png

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
In addition, to further improve security, it is ideal to check this box on each credential created in the vault. It makes that when activating the autofill, KeePass type in the browser in a "shuffled" way, this makes it even more difficult if your machine has a keylooger for example, for in this case, what is being filled in will not be in the order correct, making it difficult for the invader.
View attachment 266760

Of course. I have it marked for added security.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.