Brave Nightly releases and discussion

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I know is not related with nightly version, but is something wrong with Brave Beta and his update services?

I run Brave stable release and Nightly versions and no problems here.

I realized yesterday in SysInternals Autoruns that is flaged suspicios on VT...maybe FP or not?

I have heard occasional reports of some software flagging Brave updates as malware. All FPs AFAIK. Remember, all Chromium browser updates run a temp file and this is probably the reason. Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access objects to them as well, depending on how it's configured.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave Nightly latest update. Enjoy Brave lovers!

Version 1.10.19 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Also, a fix is in for adblocking on YouTube:

fanboynz
Sorry for the delay, we’re landing a fix in Nightly soon.
Outline: We had hard-coded cosmetic filtering, which is causing the issue.
Fixes: Now that cosmetic filtering is landing, I’ve got a PR: https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/4916 2 to remove these. It should’ve landed sooner, but its now coming to Nightly.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Brave Nightly latest update. Enjoy Brave lovers!

Version 1.10.19 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Also, a fix is in for adblocking on YouTube:

fanboynz
Sorry for the delay, we’re landing a fix in Nightly soon.
Outline: We had hard-coded cosmetic filtering, which is causing the issue.
Fixes: Now that cosmetic filtering is landing, I’ve got a PR: https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/4916 2 to remove these. It should’ve landed sooner, but its now coming to Nightly.
This is lucrative for me to try Brave nightly 😋

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
and more private

Firefox maybe has more protection available, if configured. Brave hits the sweet spot out of the box.

May have to give the Windows 10 version a try.

You should. It really shines on Windows/Linux. It does have some faults if you want complete syncing, which they're re-working. And Brave Rewards has some issues. I use neither feature.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Firefox maybe has more protection available, if configured. Brave hits the sweet spot out of the box.
I guess you could say at least very private, if not more, and supposedly more secure on the Chromium building blocks. Though despite all the attention Firefox gets for being less secure than Chrome you don’t hear of massacres of Firefox users.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I guess you could say at least very private, if not more, and supposedly more secure on the Chromium building blocks. Though despite all the attention Firefox gets for being less secure than Chrome you don’t hear of massacres of Firefox users.

I just had issues with Firefox because it can be finicky on some websites (broken functionality.) And the configuration options can be overwhelming. My two reasons for giving up on it.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I just had issues with Firefox because it can be finicky on some websites (broken functionality.) And the configuration options can be overwhelming. My two reasons for giving up on it.
I’m not a big configurer. Don’t mess with flags and the rest much. Just whatever is in the settings menu. I haven’t crossed a site that broke on Firefox Quantum engine, but I’m not much of a browser. I never ‘surfed the net’ like other people. So maybe Firefox is good enough for me, but I’m also just curious enough to try others. I’d honestly stick to Chrome if google was still the hip google of old, and not the dystopian overlord.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.