Advice Request Browser to Download Files from the Internet? [Poll]

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
My life is already complicated, so everything is allowed. Of course only via https, http downloads have to be allowed in the firewall. I download to the moved desktop, hidden and system files are shown, so I should notice, if something appears there. I use a shortcut to cleanup desktop.
Code:
rem takeown /s %computername% /u %username% /f "%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop" /r /d y
rem icacls "%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop" /grant:r %username%:(OI)(CI)F /t /l /q /c
rem takeown /s %computername% /u %username% /f "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop" /r /d y
rem icacls "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop" /grant:r %username%:(OI)(CI)F /t /l /q /c

del "%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Desktop\*" /s /f /q
del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\*" /s /f /q
rd "Z:\Desktop" /s /q
md "Z:\Desktop"

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I ask to download but love my old firefox Download Manager (S3) extension I have used for a long time. Have it configured just the way I like it and will auto open the download directory for me when done. WIth pretty colors and percentage and speed details and even a voice saying "download complete" :D

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I always ask to save always and never run from location. Look how I have S3 Downloader configured to show me info as it downloads AND then it will auto open the download directory for me when done with a "download complete" sound file stating so! :cool: (Bottom left corner)
s3download.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.