Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.396943.306 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hello Friends !
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

We’ re very happy and excited to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.396943.306 hotfix version is now released !

As it is stated before, we continue with the same cool dynamic way and keep improving Comodo Cloud Antivirus with new version releases. We are getting close to Perfection with each release !
thumbup.gif

Comodo Cloud Antivirus is here to fight against all Unknown Files ! This is a War against Unknown Files with a product that is getting more Powerful & Qualified with each release !

With this new version we have significant improvements and new features for you , please kindly check What’s New section for further information.

As you know we are also improving Valkyrie system gradually, expect new releases in short terms and our calendar will be very dynamic !

***You , being the most important participant of this protection chain, help us to improve the product with your feedbacks . We are the warriors against the unknowns, you make us more powerful ! Internet will be a more secure place with the help of Comodo users !***
Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in 1.4.396943.306?

- Protected Data Folders :
New Protected data folders which is invisible to applications running in sandbox !

- Trusted Installers:
Application started by trusted installer is trusted automatically!

- Set your Auto rating Scan Schedule!
New option to customize rating scan interval in Antivirus Settings Section !

- Root Certificate Scan
Now you have a new scanning option ; it will scan all installed root certificates and inform you in case of a threat !

- New operating system support
Windows XP x64 support!

- File analysis server –client communication improvements
Many new improvements on fls and Valkyrie server communication system which will improve the file analysis process

- Fixes
Install progress should move when preparing installation
Sometimes CCAV can't connect fls server

Download Location
CNY.gif

Comodo Cloud Antivirus V1.4.396943.306
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

Attachments

• Rating Scan settings.png
    Rating Scan settings.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Certificate Scan.png
    Certificate Scan.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 435

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Am I correct in thinking that if you use Comodo internet security or comodo firewall that you're already using the exact same cloud antivirus?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
No, ccav is with cis cif compatible. ccav uses active valkyre for cloud checkup. cis doesnt does it. so ccav will detect malware that cis will miss.

So you can run the cloud antivirus alongside the firewall even though Comodo firewall also has cloud AV built in?

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
So you can run the cloud antivirus alongside the firewall even though Comodo firewall also has cloud AV built in?
In theory yes, but I think I read somewhere in their forum that CCAV and CIS firewall don't work together at the moment. I think new CIS 10 will be needed for that.

Reactions: ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
In theory yes, but I think I read somewhere in their forum that CCAV and CIS firewall don't work together at the moment. I think new CIS 10 will be needed for that.

Thank you for the info, it's much appreciated.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
maybe someone can set me straight on the various Comodo products.
CCAV has no firewall, and no HIPS, and no offline AV? It has only cloud AV and autosandbox?
So that means you can run it together with a regular 3rd party AV, or with Windows Defender?
And you can make the autosandbox function like an anti-exe?

EDIT: Can you whitelist all your already-installed software and system files, so they won't get autosandboxed, or is it whack-a-mole?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

maybe someone can set me straight on the various Comodo products.
CCAV has no firewall, and no HIPS, and no offline AV? It has only cloud AV and autosandbox?
So that means you can run it together with a regular 3rd party AV, or with Windows Defender?
And you can make the autosandbox function like an anti-exe?

EDIT: Can you whitelist all your already-installed software and system files, so they won't get autosandboxed, or is it whack-a-mole?
CCAV is Cloud AV + AutoSandbox + Valkyrie + ViruScope (Currently Valkyrie is not fully live, Devs are working on it & will update on forum once it goes fully live)
On CCAV install, Windows Defender gets disabled. IMO no need other 3rd party AV, Cloud AV is good enough And AutoSandbox is there for offline protection.
You can select sandbox setting "Run only safe programs"...only whitelisted programs will run & unknown will be blocked & notification will be there with option "dont block again"...so kinda anti-executable. Or you can select sandbox setting "Alert for unknown" & you will get alert to take action on unknown.
CCAV has browser setting protection...any programs trying to change browser search/homepage, you will get alert to keep or block the change.
CCAV has inbuilt "internet security essentials" i.e as per release info - "You will be protected from man in the middle attacks on websites where you use sensitive information to do banking or online shopping !".
CCAV has manual certs scan for malicious/fake certs.
CCAV has rating scan...run rating scan And on completion it will classify as trusted/malicious/unknown..you can take action on unknown manually too & can also upload to Valkyrie for analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
CCAV is Cloud AV + AutoSandbox + Valkyrie (Currently Valkyrie is not fully live, Devs are working on it & will update on forum once it goes fully live)
On CCAV install, Windows Defender gets disabled. IMO no need other 3rd party AV, Cloud AV is good enough And AutoSandbox is there for offline protection.
You can select sandbox setting "Run only safe programs"...only whitelisted programs will run & unknown will be blocked & notification will be there with option "dont block again"...so kinda anti-executable. Or you can select sandbox setting "Alert for unknown" & you will get alert to take action on unknown.
CCAV has browser setting protection...any programs trying to change browser search/homepage, you will get alert to keep or block the change.
CCAV has inbuilt "internet security essentials" i.e as per release info - "You will be protected from man in the middle attacks on websites where you use sensitive information to do banking or online shopping !".
CCAV has manual certs scan for malicious/fake certs.
CCAV has rating scan...run rating scan And on completion it will classify as trusted/malicious/unknown..you can take action on unknown manually too & can also upload to Valkyrie for analysis.
sounds good. I like "Or you can select sandbox setting "Alert for unknown" & you will get alert to take action on unknown." That way you don't have to go digging into advanced settings to unsandbox your programs.

D

Deleted member 2913

sounds good. I like "Or you can select sandbox setting "Alert for unknown" & you will get alert to take action on unknown." That way you don't have to go digging into advanced settings to unsandbox your programs.
And also in new CCAV version is "Protected Data Folders"
Protected Data Folders :
New Protected data folders which is invisible to applications running in sandbox !

I think you can add folders there to keep protected from unknown i.e sandboxed progams.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
list of trusted vendors has thousands of entries.
anything with their signature will automatically be trusted, and only way to change that is to delete them from the list. But it will take a couple hours to delete them all one by one...
No way to clear the whole list, and just add a few names?

D

Deleted member 2913

anything with their signature will automatically be trusted, and only way to change that is to delete them from the list. But it will take a couple hours to delete them all one by one...
I think you can select the check box "Vendors" on the top in the trusted vendors & hit remove. You may select all vendors at once & then search & unselect vendors you want to keep & finally hit remove.

Reactions: shmu26
H

hjlbx

If you do this, you can black-screen your system. Once all the trusted vendors are gone, COMODO will start to auto-sandbox system files one-by-one.

You need to disable HIPS and sandbox while you're doing it and rebuilding the TVL with process certs on your specific system.

Just a forewarning...

Reactions: Av Gurus and shmu26
D

Deleted member 2913

Are you running CCAV on your system?

I have installed CCAV on my family system Win 10 64 Clean Install Anniversary Build with sandbox settings "Run only safe programs", after running all the programs on the system, usability seems improved as no programs were blocked But there are not many programs on the system.

I use 20 or more portable programs, only 2-3 were blocked & usability seemed good as those 2-3 are kinda benign programs.

When I tried the latest CCAV first time, I had a prob on my system. CCAV install, system restart, etc... were fine. I tested some programs for usability i.e install/uninstall programs. And then restarted the system & was not able to boot i.e was getting some error critical something died or something. So I tried Rollback Rx boot console to revert back but was getting the same error. None of Rollback snapshots were working, only installation (base) snapshot of Rollback worked & restored the system to base snapshot (thank god I had updated the baseline snapshot a day before so didn't lose anything And I keep data backup on external HDD).

CCAV was not in the baseline snapshot. But when I tried to install CCAV, was getting repair or uninstall CCAV window & none of the options were working. So I checked services & noticed ccavsrv & cmdccav, deleted both, restarted the system & was able to install CCAV successfully.

Rollback is in trusted vendor But now still I have excluded Rollback folder in CCAV exclusions & added Rollback processes/files in trusted applications.

Dont know the prob was due to Rollback or CCAV But I suspect CCAV. Comodo Devs couldn't reproduce the issue. And me, well I have installed CCAV again & have Rollback installed too And time will tell if I face the same prob or not.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security but it has protection limitation on Anniversary Build so I am giving a try to CCAV & waiting for KIS patch.

Lets see how CCAV experience will be here on our system. It seems light & fine And usability, we will know when any update/upgrade/install/uninstall of programs will be performed.

If CCAV experience will be good, will keep it. I will share my experience here.

If you are running CCAV, do share your experience here.

D

Deleted member 2913

shmu26,

I have disabled the option automatically upload unknown to Valkyrie/Cloud.
I think the option uploads the files not in the Valkyrie databases i.e even if files are whitelisted/trusted vendors But not in Valkyrie databases will be uploaded to Valkyrie.
Dont know the file size limit to upload And I am on limited data plan So have disabled automatic upload.

And when you will run full scan, you will see on the main GUI full scan uploading/uploaded many unknown files (if automatic upload is enabled), dont be shocked with the unknown files As those are not really unknown to Comodo i.e those files may be whitelisted/trusted vendors But not in Valkyrie databases as mentioned above So unknown to Valkyrie & not completely unknown to Comodo.

As I have mentioned previously Valkyrie is not fully live yet But working.
I run Rating Scan & 41 files were unknown. I uploaded the unknown And Valkyrie analysis yet -
Trusted - 25
Malicious - 0
Being analyzed - 16

Full scan was already running, completed now here in 55 mins And found 241 unknown files. I uploaded the unknown And now Valkyrie analysis here -
Trusted - 27
Malicious - 0
Being analyzed - 255

D

Deleted member 2913

shmu26,

CCAV has cache function, I guess for offline use/protection i.e under settings - file rating settings - cloud file rating expires after "10" days (number of days that cloud file rating trusted/unknown/malicious is cached). You can change the default "10" days.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Are you running CCAV on your system?

I have installed CCAV on my family system Win 10 64 Clean Install Anniversary Build with sandbox settings "Run only safe programs", after running all the programs on the system, usability seems improved as no programs were blocked But there are not many programs on the system.

I use 20 or more portable programs, only 2-3 were blocked & usability seemed good as those 2-3 are kinda benign programs.

When I tried the latest CCAV first time, I had a prob on my system. CCAV install, system restart, etc... were fine. I tested some programs for usability i.e install/uninstall programs. And then restarted the system & was not able to boot i.e was getting some error critical something died or something. So I tried Rollback Rx boot console to revert back but was getting the same error. None of Rollback snapshots were working, only installation (base) snapshot of Rollback worked & restored the system to base snapshot (thank god I had updated the baseline snapshot a day before so didn't lose anything And I keep data backup on external HDD).

CCAV was not in the baseline snapshot. But when I tried to install CCAV, was getting repair or uninstall CCAV window & none of the options were working. So I checked services & noticed ccavsrv & cmdccav, deleted both, restarted the system & was able to install CCAV successfully.

Rollback is in trusted vendor But now still I have excluded Rollback folder in CCAV exclusions & added Rollback processes/files in trusted applications.

Dont know the prob was due to Rollback or CCAV But I suspect CCAV. Comodo Devs couldn't reproduce the issue. And me, well I have installed CCAV again & have Rollback installed too And time will tell if I face the same prob or not.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security but it has protection limitation on Anniversary Build so I am giving a try to CCAV & waiting for KIS patch.

Lets see how CCAV experience will be here on our system. It seems light & fine And usability, we will know when any update/upgrade/install/uninstall of programs will be performed.

If CCAV experience will be good, will keep it. I will share my experience here.

If you are running CCAV, do share your experience here.
I had a conflict with spyshelter, which I got a free license for a couple days ago, so I have put CCAV on the shelf for the meantime...

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hello Friends !
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

We’ re very happy and excited to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.397159.309 second hotfix version is now released !

***Tha aim of this release is to fix some important bugs found in the previous hotfix version.

As it is stated before, we continue with the same cool dynamic way and keep improving Comodo Cloud Antivirus with new version releases. We are getting close to Perfection with each release !

As you know we are also improving Valkyrie system gradually, expect new releases in short terms and our calendar will be very dynamic !

***You , being the most important participant of this protection chain, help us to improve the product with your feedbacks . We are the warriors against the unknowns, you make us more powerful ! Internet will be a more secure place with the help of Comodo users !***

Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in 1.4.397159.309 ?

- Fixes
Ccavsrv.exe crashed after installed CCAV if language is Russian.
Fls parent sha1 is not correct

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Hotfix V1.4.397159.309
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

D

Deleted member 2913

I had installed Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.396943.306 last thursday or friday. In a day or 2 Comodo Cloud Antivirus Hotfix V1.4.397159.309 was released & I got an update notification so I updated. I still have the latest version But as per Comodo forum, the latest version was pulled back as it had a bug related to server communication And a new version is going to release today.

On my system Win 10 64 Pro Clean Install Anniversary Build, total 278 unknown files were found by Rating Scan & Full scan And no FPs here.
Valkyrie is still not fully live yet And works on/off.
Valkyrie has analyzed yet 97/278 files (97 files analyzed as trusted).

Total 278 unknown files. Only 5-6 unknown files are my programs, etc... files, rest all unknown files are Win 10 In-Built Apps & Windows Updates files.
I think waste of Comodo/Valkyrie resources...why upload inbuilt apps & windows updates files?

UPDATE - Today Valkyrie seems to be working little better...analyzed files 125 trusted now.

Reactions: silversurfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.