Comodo Internet Security v.7 (2014) - what to expect in the new version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
translated from Russian

Release of Comodo Internet Security v.7 (2014) has long been expected. In the new version, we can see web protection with blocking malware and phishing Web sites, as well as parental controls

In anticipation of a new version of an integrated antivirus Comodo Internet Security is probably all - of regular users, to those who had previously belonged to the product skeptical.

Information on the next version 7 quite a bit, but she already keeps us waiting for something completely new, as promised founder and president of «Comodo Group» Melih Abdulhayoglu.

Preliminary interface
Back in July 2013 has been shown shown preliminary interface Comodo Internet Security 2014, but by the beginning of 2014 on the official forum became available translation files where you could get information about new features in the future, and that immediately made users .

Based on new data, the interface still undergo small changes due to the presence of new features, but the general concept is likely to remain the same.

Web protection with URL-filter
According to the translation files in Comodo Internet Security v.7 (note that this will be the version 7, and on the number of refuse in 2014, as it did for many vendors) will web protection that many were waiting for - in particular URL-filter protection from phishing and malicious websites that will work in the following categories:

- Category Comodo secure sites
- Category phishing sites Comodo
- Comodo Category malicious sites

cis7_1.jpg

Parental Control
Moreover, in the translation file contains the set of categories that are already suitable for Parental Control, including "Adult Sites", "Advertising, pop banners", "Computers", etc.

cis7_2.jpg

When waiting for the release?
New practice developers Comodo Internet Security includes a principle that does not even call the date of occurrence of the first public beta-version, until everything is ready.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the info. Web protection in CIS would be a great addition.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
A Comodo 'Star Member' already told me web filter is included :oops:
I would assume Comodo forum beta/s will be available real soon now ?

Reactions: ZeroDay

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
great feature addition.
malicious url filter and banking protection is necessary.
parental control is also very helpful.

Comodo's race to the top.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hands down one of the best free solutions out there.With the release of a new version with new features will make it quite possibly the best free security program (if not already) available.When the new version is released I will definitely take it for a spin.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Melih tends to use capital letters as a decipher for his cryptic code.If you read that thread in its entirety he elegantly "tells" you that he in fact "owns" this new web filtering function.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

RockCityBoy9

Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Based on my experience Comodo Internet Security 6 isn't torrent friendly and will slow you downloads no matter how much you try to open the ports it won't open.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Web Protection usually has a placebo effect on the users.

Is Comodo's Secure DNS not proving popular?

Reactions: Littlebits

lordman

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
I dont know if norton dns has better malware protection than Comodo. Are you sure?.

I have been using comodo dns for some months ago and it seems very fast and without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.