Cons of various AVs

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Are you living In 1900?
I5 Is cheap lol
There Is many models that are preety cheap
What I wanted to say that my PC Is good for the gaming I'm Playing + Its not cost me that high price
And Its good for running Kaspersky and going for web and email or whatever you want

I say Ryzen is good.

Still some buy pcs for less than 250
And thats the price of a i5 + motherboard alone.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
That's still decently spec'd.

Let's not forget older hardware that people still use.
Indeed but thats kind of thier fault using older hardware
Like come on WE IN 2017!
Stop living In 2000 and still use 2GB Ram PC and then complain why Kaspersky or games doesnt run well
I know some ppl that doing this mistakes and still use older really old hardware
And then they say " Kaspersky too heavy Its bad"
Or stuff like that
Sometimes Its pepole 100% fault.

Reactions: AtlBo

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You are total wrong kind of
Atleast about Kaspersky Side
Kaspersky Is no longer heavy at all!
On my PC Is Running perfect In the background even while I gaming
You prob never tested thier New Beta 2018 Its much better to be honest
:)
I would say: we still defend our favorite AVs and say that they are light until we switch to other lighter AVs with proper settings for a sufficient period of time :D
I'm a Kaspersky fan and still believe it's the best AV. I used to say it was light. Until I switched to Avast with some tweaks for months, I concluded that Kaspersky 2017 was nowhere near the speed of Avast :D
Then I thought Avast was the lightest, until I switched to the combos of comodo firewall + Zemana or comodo + secureaplus. I changed my mind

a light AV should run well and be light in all kinds of specs. KIS is not good for low-spec machines

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
How did you guys from cons of each AV program end up at PC specs? :D
Kind of beacuse there are some pepole that are using old hardware or weak
And then say Kaspersky heavy or ESET Heavy or whatever
But Its thier fault
Thats what the guy of the post did he Is saying That Kaspersky Is heavy which maybe on Year 2000 It was but not today
And also he say that on some other AVS
I think He Is wrong If you have 8GB Ram In your PC
And Ryzen Which Is cheap or I5 Then nothing will be heavy for you.

Reactions: AtlBo and Marko :)

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Indeed but thats kind of thier fault using older hardware
Like come on WE IN 2017!
Stop living In 2000 and still use 2GB Ram PC and then complain why Kaspersky or games doesnt run well
I know some ppl that doing this mistakes and still use older really old hardware
And then they say " Kaspersky too heavy Its bad"
Or stuff like that
Sometimes Its pepole 100% fault.
Its not really heavy but there are better alternatives.

Attachments

• 20170502_113540.jpg
    20170502_113540.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 286

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I would say: we still defend our favorite AVs and say that they are light until we switch to other lighter AVs with proper settings for a sufficient period of time :D
I'm a Kaspersky fan and still believe it's the best AV. I used to say it was light. Until I switched to Avast with some tweaks for months, I concluded that Kaspersky 2017 was nowhere near the speed of Avast :D
Then I thought Avast was the lightest, until I switched to the combos of comodo firewall + Zemana or comodo + secureaplus. I changed my mind

a light AV should run well and be light in all kinds of specs. KIS is not good for low-spec machines
Thing Is Kaspersky Really trying to improve thier software to be light even on low spec machines
They have KIS 2018 Beta and now KIS 2019 O_O
Thing Is Its the pepole fault using low spec machines then crying that the AV Is heavy and bad!
We live In 2017 today you get a Ryzen PC With 8GB Ram And every AV In the world will be fast for you
I hate the pepole with the low spec machines who cry and blame AV
Beacuse thats thier total fault using old and weak hardware on 2017 which you can get much better hardware for much better price

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Its not really heavy but there are better alternatives.
Its from aprill 2016 LOL
all has been Improved In many vendors that you Just showed
Btw, I'm using currently KIS 2018 Beta on my WIN10 Main PC where I do gaming and skype and web
Its running perfect and really Its not heavy like before versions.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Its from aprill 2016 LOL
all has been Improved In many vendors that you Just showed
Btw, I'm using currently KIS 2018 Beta on my Windows 10 Main PC where I do gaming and skype and web
Its running perfect and really Its not heavy like before versions.
The best avs should run perfectly on i5 or ryzen

You are right but some people cant afford a better pc...

I also dont have problems with i5 4460 and r9 380 but i know some with amd e series ..

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thing Is Kaspersky Really trying to improve thier software to be light even on low spec machines
They have KIS 2018 Beta and now KIS 2019 O_O
Thing Is Its the pepole fault using low spec machines then crying that the AV Is heavy and bad!
We live In 2017 today you get a Ryzen PC With 8GB Ram And every AV In the world will be fast for you
I hate the pepole with the low spec machines who cry and blame AV
Beacuse thats thier total fault using old and weak hardware on 2017 which you can get much better hardware for much better price
using a slow PC is not people's fault, you know :)
I'm still using a 1Gb RAM, i3 ancient desktop for my business and we are not willing to change because it's running well with the current setup: highly tweaked avast + appcheck
perhaps we can add and make it 3Gb of RAM

Yes I have seen KIS improving over years and getting lighter. However, it still consumes a significant amount of memory and disk especially when you have an HDD. KIS scanning speed is very slow which makes it slow. If they can improve it, similar to Emsisoft which has an extremely fast scanning speed, KIS would be great for all kinds of PCs, except PCs with low memory

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
using a slow PC is not people's fault, you know :)
I'm still using a 1Gb RAM, i3 ancient desktop for my business and we are not willing to change because it's running well with the current setup: highly tweaked avast + appcheck
perhaps we can add and make it 3Gb of RAM

Yes I have seen KIS improving over years and getting lighter. However, it still consumes a significant amount of memory and disk especially when you have an HDD. KIS scanning speed is very slow which makes it slow. If they can improve it, similar to Emsisoft which has an extremely fast scanning speed, KIS would be great for all kinds of PCs, except PCs with low memory
That's exacly what they are doing with KIS 2018 Beta and 2019
1GB RAM PC?! on 2017? bro..
Even If you use It only for web I would have crush that pc with my own hands
And Yes Its pepole fault for using low hardware as you can check on every AV Website what PC You should have that able to run the AV Software
And ppl Ingnore that and Install the AV On thier 1GB or 3GB PC Which This Is the wrong point
Beacuse If you see that your pc not good enough to run the AV So why to Install It from the first place?

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
The best avs should run perfectly on i5 or ryzen

You are right but some people cant afford a better pc...

I also dont have problems with i5 4460 and r9 380 but i know some with amd e series ..
But prices are Just getting much cheaper
Look at ryzen prices compare to I5
Companies are losing money for the customres and still ppl doesnt have money to buy ATLEAST 8GB Ram PC?!
Its making no-sense.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
That's exacly what they are doing with KIS 2018 Beta and 2019
1GB RAM PC?! on 2017? bro..
Even If you use It only for web I would have crush that pc with my own hands
And Yes Its pepole fault for using low hardware as you can check on every AV Website what PC You should have that able to run the AV Software
And ppl Ingnore that and Install the AV On thier 1GB or 3GB PC Which This Is the wrong point
Beacuse If you see that your pc not good enough to run the AV So why to Install It from the first place?
still using it because I tweaked it extensively. Even with 1Gb of RAM, it still has a sufficient amount of memory to do most tasks (500-600Mb RAM free).
it's only used web surfing and using managing software for the business so it doesn't need high specs. I know it's not good enough now but enough for my family

it's faster than my other i5 laptop

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
The following list will contain cons of each popular AV according to my perspective...

*4. Bitdefender - Easily the worst updates in the game, routinely takes five or more minutes and requires frequent restarts. High resources...

*11. Kaspersky - Resources, and default protection is not great against PUPs.

I thought they were both greatly improved in terms of being heavy on the resources.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
still using it because I tweaked it extensively. Even with 1Gb of RAM, it still has a sufficient amount of memory to do most tasks (500-600Mb RAM free).
it's only used web surfing and using managing software for the business so it doesn't need high specs. I know it's not good enough now but enough for my family

it's faster than my other i5 laptop
Yes, But It depends how many RAM You have on other I5 laptop you cant combine I5 with 2GB Ram and expect for the best Haha :)
To Just build a decent PC That will be enough even for gaming like I do
Just get I5 or Ryzen With 8GB or 16GB beacuse RAM This Days preety cheap
And Enjoy
I recoommend you to add more RAM To your PC RAM Is Cheap and almost helping.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Even if a system meets the requirements it doesn't mean the software will run well on said system. I'm running an i3-4160, 8GB of RAM and Kaspersky runs pretty damn heavy on my machine. It's unreasonable to tell people they should have to spend money on more RAM or an upgraded CPU just to get their AV software to run smoothly when other AV vendors run perfectly fine.
Though if a certain piece of software runs poorly on their machine I'd argue against them using that software unless required to do so.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.