Solved CPU usage increases a lot when rendering a Video in Camtasia Studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
When I render a video in Camtasia Studio, the CPU usage becomes very high, most of the time the CPU usage is <65%. I have been facing this issue since version 6 (on my old laptop) and I am now using Version 7.1.1 and the problem is still there.

Please help me.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I have a i3 and it does overload it but not overload it that much.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
Well I have a i3 and it does overload it but not overload it that much.

Strange, when I open Task Manager and see how much the Camtasia Studio process consume, it will be using more than 75% of CPU :huh:

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

try other softwares first, im sure some of them use less resources. specially the free, not big-branded ones

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
try other softwares first, im sure some of them use less resources. specially the free, not big-branded ones

I am using Camtasia Studio because I never seen a free application with the same features.

Upvote 0

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
^ What do you mean? it's not free XD

It's pretty decent, i only render my videos when i'm out and about or just not doing other busy things..

like word documents or just general web browsing, as my CPU and RAM goes to about 75-80%

so yeah it's correct for it to use a fair about of a non dedicated media pc's ram and cpu

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

Generally when your encoding, transcoding, converting, designing, rendering etc, a video, your CPU usage does spike to something abnormal such as > 65%
It's completely normal, so i'm not sure what your asking, if your asking what i've just answered, then dont worry, because its completely normal.. the type of stuff your doing can be very intensive on the CPU as the CPU is what carries out most of the operation, the HDD and RAM coming 2nd

Regards
- Josh

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

If your worried about your CPU usage, then i would recommend upgrading to an i7, or a very decent AMD or Intel Quad Core CPU, (Intel Preferred for better performance and clock vs clock cycles/performance than AMD)

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When I render I close all the programs I have open and wait till it has finished rendering.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
yep i agree, Dont forget if it didn't use the cpu as much it would take even longer to render :p

True. Takes about 5-10 minutes for me (depending on how big is the video) but I just set mine going and go and get some FOOD :D

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

:D On Sony Vegas Pro, if i render a 1080p 8 Minute Video, created in Sony Vegas, it takes like 2 - 3 minutes :p

That's with multiple layers of video, fonts, texts, music, transitions :D

ehe :)

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
:D On Sony Vegas Pro, if i render a 1080p 8 Minute Video, created in Sony Vegas, it takes like 2 - 3 minutes :p

Yeah I am not a big fan of Sony Vegas. I like to stick to Camtasia. :)

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Exorcizm said:

I never using it.
and, how about rendering time in camtasia? with your PC?

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

Haha, Sony Vegas is the first program i've used to make a video, and i've only made 1 video haha :p

I believe Sony Vegas was more demanding than Camtasia? that's why i mentioned what i did, if not then my post above is irrelevant hahahah! :)

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

win7holic said:
Exorcizm said:

I never using it.
and, how about rendering time in camtasia? with your PC?

I've never used Camtasia as i said above i've only made 1 video and that was my first Game Review
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-RAGE-PC-1080P-Review

using Sony Vegas, if Sony Vegas is more demanding , then Camtasia would only take about 1-2 minutes then, maybe less :)

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

Haha, Sony Vegas is the first program i've used to make a video, and i've only made 1 video haha :p

I believe Sony Vegas was more demanding than Camtasia? that's why i mentioned what i did, if not then my post above is irrelevant hahahah! :)

Also is Sony Vegas a program that you use to make very good intro videos?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.