Solved CPU usage increases a lot when rendering a Video in Camtasia Studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
When I render a video in Camtasia Studio, the CPU usage becomes very high, most of the time the CPU usage is <65%. I have been facing this issue since version 6 (on my old laptop) and I am now using Version 7.1.1 and the problem is still there.

Please help me.

E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:
:D On Sony Vegas Pro, if i render a 1080p 8 Minute Video, created in Sony Vegas, it takes like 2 - 3 minutes :p

That's with multiple layers of video, fonts, texts, music, transitions :D

ehe :)

Yeah I am not a big fan of Sony Vegas. I like to stick to Camtasia. :)

Haha, Sony Vegas is the first program i've used to make a video, and i've only made 1 video haha :p

I believe Sony Vegas was more demanding than Camtasia? that's why i mentioned what i did, if not then my post above is irrelevant hahahah! :)

Also is Sony Vegas a program that you use to make very good intro videos?

Yes Sony Vegas is highly regarded for great Youtube videos, if you youtube "Make a great youtube intro" or something similiar, everyone uses pretty much Sony Vegas, which is why i used it, to make my basic intro (not skilled) and video review :)

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

win7holic said:
yes, maybe.
you might try it on your pc, bro.

I love your specs.

I'll definately give it a shot if i get bored and feel creative, and ill send you through a link and let you know how it performs :)

and thanks ;)

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I just curious ;about your PC performance :)
with:
CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.6GHz

probably "SSD: 120GB Vertex 3"
it makes you fast, bro

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

win7holic said:
with:

it makes you fast, bro

Hehe yeah, its fast alright ;) and i got 2 1TB raided HDDs for my games :D thats like 250Mb/s :p

its pretty great, have you seen the skyrocket prices in HDD's?

i use to get my Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3's for 58 bucks for www.umart.com.au

and now they are $120!!!! It's crazy! some mineral the chinese use or whatever in the HDD's they've increased the value of so the HDD's have gone up D:!

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
win7holic said:
with:

it makes you fast, bro

Hehe yeah, its fast alright ;) and i got 2 1TB raided HDDs for my games :D thats like 250Mb/s :p

its pretty great, have you seen the skyrocket prices in HDD's?

i use to get my Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3's for 58 bucks for www.umart.com.au

and now they are $120!!!! It's crazy! some mineral the chinese use or whatever in the HDD's they've increased the value of so the HDD's have gone up D:!

Remember that is a Aussie site :p

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
yes, I know it.
I would buy another external hard disk also to store all my songs, picture, projects.
old ext hard disk, will I use to store the installer and some backup for the programs.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Any back to topic. It depends on the computer you have on how much CPU it uses.

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
Any back to topic. It depends on the computer you have on how much CPU it uses.

I just set camtasia in a high priority, then the video 8mins.
It took about 25mins to complete.
while listening to songs and chrome open (3 tabs) as well.

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

Chrome and songs are HDD and low CPU reliant :)

it depends on your CPU, HDD and RAM timings/MHz frequency speed

BTW i only use 18.5 GB out of my 120GB SSD :D haha everything else is on my external or raid 0 setup :p

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Exorcizm said:

BTW i only use 18.5 GB out of my 120GB SSD :D haha everything else is on my external or raid 0 setup :p

I know, I just like to give an explanation about it.

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

win7holic said:
Exorcizm said:

I know, I just like to give an explanation about it.

and im glad you do :)

you dont know what guests could be reading this :) we're helping anonymous people too! :)

Upvote 0

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Sorry to interfere, but why do we have a 6 page thread about a question that was answered in the first reply?
That is all..

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

Dejan said:
Sorry to interfere, but why do we have a 6 page thread about a question that was answered in the first reply?
That is all..

Troll?

capturejhu.png

We are discussing further in detail with the exception of some posts, the indepth use of how encoding, etc uses the systems resources, it may also prove useful to someone reading this thread later on, or right now.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Dejan said:
That is all..

Agreed?

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Dejan said:
That is all..

Agreed?

The OP was not satisfied with the first reply, they did not understand until a bit further down in the posts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.