Which theme do you prefer overall?

• Total voters

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Like the vast majority of MT'ers here I'm on the dark side as well, its the age thing and it being easier on the tired eyes. There are a few sites which just don't work for me in dark mode, the first example that came to mind was the results page of Belarc Advisor which has appeared with a pale electric blue font on a very dark grey background. The latter is my chosen colour, as @rain2reign said about pitch black things can look odd with that as the background. That tone of blue text was an eye ache, funnily enough it is now displaying as white text on dark grey background, as its been supposed to ever since I went over to the dark side, weird! I wasn't imagining it, honest! Nor have I changed any browser display settings. I'm wondering if its down to a change in Firefox 89.0.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I am a minority supporter of the light theme.
I think eye fatigue is more influenced by screen flicker than brightness.

Remember the school lessons. The teacher used the dark theme of the blackboard, and the students used the light theme on the white paper of the notebook. The history of the boundary between bright and dark themes begins there. When reading and writing letters, I think it is more natural to have black letters on a bright background. However, for those who have experience typing commands, it is understandable that the combination of black background and white letters feels natural.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I am a minority supporter of the light theme.
I think eye fatigue is more influenced by screen flicker than brightness.

Remember the school lessons. The teacher used the dark theme of the blackboard, and the students used the light theme on the white paper of the notebook. The history of the boundary between bright and dark themes begins there. When reading and writing letters, I think it is more natural to have black letters on a bright background. However, for those who have experience typing commands, it is understandable that the combination of black background and white letters feels natural.
Another supporter of the light theme here (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
If the shade of my avatar gets dark, call me a traitor:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)⚪
Maybe I must change my username in Gandalf the White :D
Gandalf_the_White_returns.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.