App Review Dynamic test of Zemana Anti-Malware Real-Time

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
not a good result for zemana realtime protection :(
what do you think about a re-test because zemana realtime did absolutely nothing??? + in TCPview there was no ZAM.exe process so there might be a problem

thank you for this great test. many likes

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you O Warrior whom has quite a Lucent ear for sound!:) Even if I wasn't already a dyed in the wool Zemana aficionado, I'd have listened to your musical accompaniment again anyway!:D
Since I am but an observer rather than any form of a malware tester (unseasoned & wide eyed) I wanted to confirm that the on demand scan near the end confirmed detection that was missed in realtime, and the system (except for your switching the wallpaper back) remained thoroughly locked from it's files,o_O hence the disappearing icons plus your system "..whispering :eek:Ouch" ? :rolleyes:

A very enlightening production none the less.:) :cool:

L

LabZero

Thread author
not a good result for zemana realtime protection :(
what do you think about a re-test because zemana realtime did absolutely nothing??? + in TCPview there was no ZAM.exe process so there might be a problem

thank you for this great test. many likes
TCP view shows the process that forwards communication to and from a remote server (or listening), the fact that a process is not displayed, it doesn't mean that there is no connection and only if the process also provides that, its icon is displayed.

In the case of Zemana, an interruption of the connection's process, due to a malware for example, it would be reported for sure and this would be also indicated in the review.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Lucent Warrior you have confirmed my results about Zemana real time protection ( i tested it under SD ).
Seems there is room for improvement.
As on demand scanner ZAM is among the best.
p.s.1: Windows has improved it's security a lot.It's nice to see that.
p.s.2:
Damn L'dub, if your gonna play a mix like that you have to, and are required by law
to make longer videos :p
I have to agree with my friend about that;)

Thanks for the video:)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Well the realtime protection definitely needs to improve but no questions regarding to scanning capabilities.

Their Pandora technology should act more by collecting such sample and provide rapid verdict. ;)
Couldn't agree more :) However, great product and good developers :) Hope they can improve ZAM/ZAL in future :)
Great vid @Lucent Warrior, as always, thank you for sharing!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.