F-Secure 18.2 released

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Based on what everyone seems to be saying here in this most recent posting, F-Secure is buggy, and does not offer good protection in certain scenarios.

If this be the situation, then F-Secure would not be recommended as an effective security solution.

However, elsewhere in this forum others seem to disagree, and think it is effective. Anyone else feel this way?
It certainly hasn't been buggy for me.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Based on what everyone seems to be saying here in this most recent posting, F-Secure is buggy, and does not offer good protection in certain scenarios.

If this be the situation, then F-Secure would not be recommended as an effective security solution.

However, elsewhere in this forum others seem to disagree, and think it is effective. Anyone else feel this way?

F-Secure is very effective, but does not offer 100% protection, like all Antivirus software on the market.
If it would be inefficient, nobody would go to them 😉

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
I've recently copied over 100 GIG+ of data with F-Secure running with no apparent slowdowns at all, I wonder if users who have this issue have a conflict - I can't speak for disinfection as not tried malware & don't seem to acquire it - Though on a personal basis I wouldn't trust any AV to ever clean an infected system (of mine) I'd image back or worst case scenario reinstall - This might not apply to other users.

Same here, copied loads of data. No difference at all when compared to my previous AV Bitdefender.

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022

F-secure is working well and is not buggy in my experience, in fact I have not seen anyone on this forum call it buggy. What you are reading is Malware testers giving their opinion on how the software can be improved further. They do the same thing for all the AVs on this forum.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
True. Like MacDefender and SeriousHoax were saying, could be a god tier product if they just improved certain aspects
I wanna be clear in that I believe F-Secure is one of the best AV options on the market right now, both in terms of how well the product performs as well as the company’s long track record and commitment to ethical practices. A lot of us have criticisms for every AV package out there because they all have room to improve — I could write just as much about what is wrong with ESET, Kaspersky, etc.

DeepGuard can be a little sensitive, yes, but that is why it is one of the strongest zero day behavior blockers on the market, and has helped boost the product when their primary engine (BD or Avira) has gone through ups and downs.

IMO as a consumer, DeepGuard false positives are easy to troubleshoot and deal with. DeepGuard only terminates processes, it never deletes files. And the block notification can be clicked to add an exception.

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I wanna be clear in that I believe F-Secure is one of the best AV options on the market right now, both in terms of how well the product performs as well as the company’s long track record and commitment to ethical practices. A lot of us have criticisms for every AV package out there because they all have room to improve — I could write just as much about what is wrong with ESET, Kaspersky, etc.

DeepGuard can be a little sensitive, yes, but that is why it is one of the strongest zero day behavior blockers on the market, and has helped boost the product when their primary engine (BD or Avira) has gone through ups and downs.

IMO as a consumer, DeepGuard false positives are easy to troubleshoot and deal with. DeepGuard only terminates processes, it never deletes files. And the block notification can be clicked to add an exception.
It's definitely on my list of products to consider!

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I have had f-secure for many years, have never experienced any virus or malware or other things in those years. I test regularly with other programs because I find it strange that so many people have problems with attacks, and I never get it. I sometimes live a little dangerous but use my head, and to be honest, I do not notice f-secure at all.

At home, the whole family runs f-secure and has done so for years, and Chinese programs are also used to communicate with family and friends in China. Never a problem. I'm not saying that no one can get into trouble, but I do not know how they get it? Have used Kaspersky on a couple of machines as well, but now it is only f-secure everywhere. If everyone who uses f-secure has it like me, everyone will use this great program. This is all I can say about f-secure. :) ;)

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
I recently installed F-Secure; I'd say about a week ago. I just also bought a Kaspersky license that will not be using because as of installing F-Secure I noticed quite a drastic difference in performance (specially gaming); overall everything I do on a daily basis feels snappier. I started with a trial of F-Secure and loved it so much that within 2 days I purchased a license through serial cart ;) System is smoother and combined with Hard_Configurator I feel well protected. NO regrets!

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Moving over the subscription/licenses posts in the correct thread. Please post any license related comments there instead as simply to try avoid confusion.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Any news on 18.3?
If your curious and want to see some more of the ongoing work, updates, fixes etc, @Lord Ami is sharing the links here:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.