New Update Finally... The next generation of Avira is available.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I've been using the New release since the night this post was made
Now, I'm a bit nostalgic as I remember using avira back in 2007-2011 and I've always wanted to see it be usable again (considering how the last few years have been "usable" isnt a word I would attribute to it)
But so far I'm liking this version. There needs to be some GUI refinements/additions but overall I like it. Would I use it standalone? absolutely not. but ran in Tandem with CFW and I'm feeling pretty happy with it (y)

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I've been using the New release since the night this post was made
Now, I'm a bit nostalgic as I remember using avira back in 2007-2011 and I've always wanted to see it be usable again (considering how the last few years have been "usable" isnt a word I would attribute to it)
But so far I'm liking this version. There needs to be some GUI refinements/additions but overall I like it. Would I use it standalone? absolutely not. but ran in Tandem with CFW and I'm feeling pretty happy with it (y)
I have the same nostalgia, it was my favorite show and almost identical to its time, between 2007 and 2010.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i'm testing too the new avira free security and i'm shocked how light it is (y)
1654772830095.png

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
That is just bonkers. I guess due to the whole Norton thing? Are you still running this by chance?
Idk. When I tested the beta version of Avira almost one year ago, I already noticed that the context scan function was missing. The developers promised that this function was on the roadmap, which is not true. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think Norton will use Avira detection technology sooner or later. But it does not appear to have allocated enough money or technical staff to Avira.

I am using ESET + Kaspersky Anti-ransomware tool now.

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
I had problems with this version, because Avira does not update automatically, so I downloaded the offline installer and I'm using it.
I think the protection level is the same, the only difference is the UI, right?

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: DDE_Server

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
I had problems with this version, because Avira does not update automatically, so I downloaded the offline installer and I'm using it.
I think the protection level is the same, the only difference is the UI, right?
No. It's outdated. Besides UI differences, Sentry proactive protection, and HTTPS scanning are all unavailable. Download the latest installer from the Avira My Account page.
is there a link that shows its roadmap?
The developer said that on the beta tester portal.

Frib004

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2018
HTTPS scanning is a Pro feature, isn't it? Because the Free version doesn't have Web Protection.
As I said, I had problems with the new version. I need to update manually, because the automatic update doesn't work and the context menu scan is unavaible.

Reactions: DDE_Server

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.