Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Mozilla maintains an open ecosystem for add-ons, which gives developers many choices in how they create, use, and deploy their work. This same openness also provides malicious actors more opportunities as well. While Mozilla can identify and block malicious add-ons discovered through tooling, reviews, or user reports, this is not always enough.

Firefox version 115 introduced Quarantined Domains to protect user privacy and security when we discover significant security issues presented by malicious actors. This feature allows us to prevent attacks by malicious actors targeting specific domains when we have reason to believe there may be malicious add-ons we have not yet discovered. Users can also control this behavior for each add-on in the Add-on Manager (about:addons) starting with Firefox version 116. We will be further improving the UI for users in future releases.

Extensions panel with warning about add-ons not allowed on the site

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Version 115.0.2, first offered to Release channel users on July 11, 2023​

• Fixed a startup crash experienced by some Windows users by blocking instances of a malicious injected DLL (bug 1841751)
  • Fixed a bug with displaying a caret in the text editor on some websites (bug 1840804)
  • Fixed a bug with broken audio rendering on some websites (bug 1841982)
  • Fixed a bug with patternTransform translate using the wrong units (bug 1840746)
  • A security fix.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Looks like Firefox 115.0.3 will be released soon...
Mozilla plans to release a new stable point update for the Firefox web browser today. The new update, Firefox 115.0.3, fixes a bug that affected the migration of Firefox 115.x installations to Firefox 115.x ESR.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Firefox 116.0 release today, as usual later today available via FF auto-updater...

Executive Summary
  • Firefox 116 is a security update.
  • Highlights include a volume slider in Picture-in-Picture mode, improved Ctrl-Shift-T keyboard shortcut capabilities, and improved HTTP/2 upload capabilities.
  • The new version is not available for Windows 8.1, 8 and 7, and also not available for macOS 10.14, 10.13 and 10.12. These are migrated automatically to Firefox ESR for continued support until September 2024.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Mozilla Firefox 117 beta brings an automatic language translator for websites, and it works offline
Mozilla Firefox is bringing an automatic translator for websites. The feature is currently available in Firefox 117 beta.

This feature has existed in Chrome for ages, but unlike Google's browser, which sends the data to its servers, Firefox's automatic translation feature uses on-device translation. The latter is much better for your privacy, and works offline.
Firefox's offline translation feature supports the following languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
got it! Question on my win10, firefox does not remember its last size setting, always opens half-sized. Other browsers remember this :unsure:
No problem here on my Firefox, but I recall for same "issue" when I tried recently Mullvad Browser what is based on FF ESR...
My first reaction is always testing a new user profile of Firefox, most of time does work to fix such issues ;)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
yes... about:config | privacy.resistfingerprinting = true

so if that's the reason, I'll live with it, THANKS :D
If that's not default, I guess I set that, I just don't remember doing that... :oops::ROFLMAO:
I understood you were having trouble getting FF to open maximized? I had the same issue recently, nothing else, just FF.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.