- Nov 4, 2011
Release 17.8 beta 5 (4.30.5794):
- Chromium based Microsoft Edge browser is now supported.
- The design of excluding harmful items found in manual scanning has been changed but this is still work in progress and the new UI elements have not been translated. More changes are expected in this area.
- New App and file control dialog is now fully in use and the old dialog has been removed.
- We have made significant internal changes to the product structure to support future development. This should not change anything in product behavior.
- Network installer name is changed to "Setup Tool" (PBL-6023)
- fssettings crashed (PBL-6019, SAFE_BUG-02902)
- "Fileless" exploits not handled correctly in App and file control (PBL-5996, SAFE_BUG-02896)
- Trouble with opening fresh .NET App and File Control (PBL-6014, SAFE_BUG-02899)
- Badly rendered targets/exclusions in scanning reports with IE due to misplaced "ul" tag (PBL-5971 SAFE_BUG-02894)
- Some fixes for Narrator support (PBL-5940)
- Short scan completes very slowly (PBL-5995)
- Internet Security renewal text changes (PBL-5683)
- "Scan Wizard" crashes in 10-20 seconds after stopping by user (PBL-5932, SAFE_BUG-02893)