64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Microsoft (@outlook.com)
    Sign-in Options
  • Password
  • Windows Hello PIN (recommended)
  • Windows Hello Fingerprint
  • Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure Safe) 17.7 and Hard_Configurator 5.0.0.0
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Removed Internet Explorer 11.
    Ziggo Safe Online 17.7 switched off Banking protection.
    Hard_Configurator 5.0.0.0 with Recommended Settings.
    FirewallHardening 1.0.1.0 with Recommended H_C.
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    HitmanPro and AdwCleaner (for the kids)
    Browsers and Extensions
    Microsoft Edge Dev with AdGuard, F-SecureBrowsing Protection and Bitwarden.
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Microsoft Edge Dev Tracking Prevention at strict and AdGuard extension.
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    O&O ShutUp10, Patch My PC, Autoruns, Bandizip, Driver Easy Pro, CCleaner Pro 5.61.006 Beta (adds Edge Dev cleaning) and Disk Cleanup
    Data Backup
    OneDrive, File History
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    Windows system image
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    Computer Activity
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Shared device is used by family members
  • Office and work related tasks
  • Video or photography editing
  • Computer Specifications
    Acer Aspire VN7-791G-576X
    Intel Core i5-4210H
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
    Kingston 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250GB
    Seagate HDD ST1000LM014-1EJ164 1TB
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 22
    Verified
    First scan of privazer is slow indeed, but after that its much faster....i usually just run privazer once a week before going bed...it takes around 5-10 minutes and shut downs pc automatically after

If the browser cleanup is only reason to run privazer, there is the browser clean up wich takes as long as ccleaner default scan

With privazer its just much harder to recover deleted items, so i wouldnt run it daily..set up weekly clean up or something...with ccleaner i always ended up cleaning before i shut down pc
    I tried it as CCleaner replacement, but it's slowness annoyed me more then CCleaner being taken over by Avast.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 22
    Verified
    Back to Hard Configurator. Just works the best on my laptop. Can't thank you enough @Andy Ful

Use the same extensions on all installed browsers: AdGuard, Emsisoft Browser Security and LastPass.

When the new Microsoft Edge is released in Dutch and with spellchecking it will be my only browser.

Got a new replacement for CCleaner: HDCleaner
    Kurt Zimmermann Software
    It even cleans the new Edge Dev version (y)

thrillskr

Level 2
    CCleaner you can block with your Firewall the connections. Only if there is an update turn connection on. Did you treid CCenhancer? Then you can clean a lot more. Only be carefull you don’t select everything. It’s free and a portable version.

About O&O i have my concerns. Malwarebytes for example flags it as PUP and also Eset. They spam you with discount mails. Getting at the wrong detection i.m.o. anyway:

A lot things you can do self in grouppolicy (gpedit.msc). And also you will learn something ;)

P.S. Lastig he Nederlands ;)

Freki123

Level 6
    Verified
    About O&O i have my concerns. Malwarebytes for example flags it as PUP and also Eset. They spam you with discount mails. Getting at the wrong detection i.m.o. anyway:
    I will only speak for O&O shutup 10 and O&O App Buster (you can get them from lots of legit german software hubs). They are standalone programs so how would they be able to spam with emails? For any other program from them i got no clue, but if a program i didn't buy! wants an email it gets an trashmailadress>never see spam :D
    Maybe privazer or wisediskcleaner will be an ccleaner alternative for you? Remember always have a working backup :)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 22
    Verified
    CCleaner you can block with your Firewall the connections. Only if there is an update turn connection on. Did you treid CCenhancer? Then you can clean a lot more. Only be carefull you don’t select everything. It’s free and a portable version.

A lot things you can do self in grouppolicy (gpedit.msc). And also you will learn something ;)

P.S. Lastig he Nederlands ;)
    Thanks, I have blocked CCleaner in Windows Firewall, so that's covered:
    Aantekening 2019-05-05 134244.png

CCenhancer sure can be dangerous when you select the wrong things and use the trim option to keep the performance of CCleaner.
    Maybe I will try it again.

I have no reservations with O&O ShutUp10. It's portable, clean according to VirusTotal and there is no need to enter your email anywhere.
    A lot of things can indeed be done with gpedit but it's very easy and safe to use just the recommended settings with ShutUp10.

And yes, Nederlands is lastig :D

I will only speak for O&O shutup 10 and O&O App Buster (you can get them from lots of legit german software hubs). They are standalone programs so how would they be able to spam with emails? For any other program from them i got no clue, but if a program i didn't buy! wants an email it gets an trashmailadress>never see spam :D
    Maybe privazer or wisediskcleaner will be an ccleaner alternative for you? Remember always have a working backup :)
    Great advice to use a trashmailadress (y), but there is no email needed in this case.

I've tried Wise Diskcleaner, but it didn't clean Google Chrome very good, it left some storage behind.

So the only option for me at the moment is still CCleaner (with web access blocked in firewall).

thrillskr

Level 2
    I have a special e-mail account for this. And got realy a lot spam. I opt-out ofcourse. But the reputation of a decent German software company is gone for me. For me, but that’s personal: i share them in the catagory iObit, iolio, Auslogics etc. Btw i don’t say they making bad software ;)

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Good you blocked it. Did the software updater option what they introduced couply weeks a go still working? (last time i used it, i wasn’t impressed about how much apps it supported).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 22
    Verified
    I have a special e-mail account for this. And got realy a lot spam. I opt-out ofcourse. But the reputation of a decent German software company is gone for me. For me, but that’s personal: i share them in the catagory iObit, iolio, Auslogics etc. Btw i don’t say they making bad software ;)

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Good you blocked it. Did the software updater option what they introduced couply weeks a go still working? (last time i used it, i wasn’t impressed about how much apps it supported).
    The software updater is still useless the last time I checked, but now with internet access blocked can't do a thing:
    Schermopname (1).png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 22
    Verified
    I am not sure but I don't think so, even though it has too many options i didn't notice that.
    Can't find it either and also Bleachbit leaves some local storage behind in Google Chrome.
    So back to CCleaner it is...

No. But can't you save them in the browser?
    The thing that annoys me is that when I open my browser after cleaning I get a popup from Grammarly to log in again.
    Not a real problem for me but an inconvenience on a computer shared with my wife...
    So for me, CCleaner stays the best option.

Moonhorse

Level 26
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Is there an option in bleachbit to keep some cookies?
    With privazer you go throught tutorial wich asks you to keep specific cookies or not, i find it most advanced cleaner..

First scan is slower, but the browser cleanup wont take much of time, and complete cleanup is like 5-10minutes and i run it usually when i leave computer > set it to shut down computer after scan