App Review Gdata Total Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
It takes time to delete each individual file. Any other antivirus will be much faster. If only deleting a few files this won't be an issue.
From what i see is ,everybody has this slowness in a VM. I use GData on normal machine with SSD ( No VM or other virtual machine ) and no slowness at all ?

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
So it took almost 3 hours to remove the threats detected on the contextual scan!!! That's super slow. But anyway, since it's not common to have that many threats on the system, we can give it a pass for this slowness.
Yes, G Data takes a lot of time to remove threats, one by one, like Dr Web!

I’m running G Data on SSD and changed the setting to “delete threats”.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Personal I would care little how long time Gdata clean several hundreds or more samples as that by itself is extreme unrealistic. The important part should always be if it actually is able to complete the process or not even with just 1 genuine malicious sample. If I was curious, I would concentrate to deep check and test that instead. It's also important to be aware that not all samples either VT ( virustotal ) or even on Malwarebazaar or other repositories is automatic 100% malicious. Malwarebazaar even state that.
While MalwareBazaar tries to identify whether the sample provided is malicious or not, there is no guarantee that a sample in MalwareBazaar is malicious.
I can 100% confirm that specific highlighted and underscored part.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Personal I would care little how long time Gdata clean several hundreds or more samples as that by itself is extreme unrealistic. The important part should always be if it actually is able to complete the process or not even with just 1 genuine malicious sample. If I was curious, I would concentrate to deep check and test that instead. It's also important to be aware that not all samples either VT ( virustotal ) or even on Malwarebazaar or other repositories is automatic 100% malicious. Malwarebazaar even state that.

I can 100% confirm that specific highlighted and underscored part.
Harlan is testing GData now for a month in the hub.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Me too. Truly slow to delete a file. Honestly, it's too slow.
I dont care if its slow when bombing in with over 200+ malware samples.
From the testing i did, with fresh 0 day samples and the testing @Shadowra and @harlan4096 did it proves to me its more than capable to defend the system.
And an other important part is the GDPR rules GData applies. Something other AV companies neglect.They just want your data because data is Money. Thats why they provide so called " Free " versions, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast etc the free part is paid with your data.

Last edited:

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
I dont care if its slow when bombing in with over 200+ malware samples.
From the testing i did, with fresh 0 day samples and the testing @Shadowra and @harlan4096 did it proves to me its more than capable to defend the system.
And an other important part is the GDPR rules GData applies. Something other AV companies neglect.They just want your data because data is Money. Thats why they provide so called " Free " versions, like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast etc the free part is paid with your data.
Oke. But G DATA is slow to scan the system as well.
And that's a negative.
Busy resources for a long time.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I had the opportunity to use the G DATA TS a few days ago. It did not take long for the entire system to be scanned. For me, the length of the scan is not that important. A few minutes sooner or later. It is important that it detects malware well

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.