Battle Good detection rates and system resource usage for Low end Gaming PC?

yarr

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2018
Free or Paid does not really matter at the moment. I'm trying to help my younger sister set up her first gaming PC. She is pretty smart when it comes to browsing the internet and avoiding security risks but I would still like there to be something solid to help just in case she slips up. At the moment we have licenses for ESET Internet Security and Emsisoft. Problem is it's not the greatest computer, mostly my older parts. so we would like make sure it's good (doesn't have to be the best) and doesn't use too many system resources (she's only using 4GB of hand-me-down RAM) Remember this PC was meant for gaming and that's about it so 4GB is kind of meh. I thought ESET would be perfect but she really doesn't like it for whatever reason and I heard Emsisoft can take up a lot of resources. My gripe with Emsisoft is how it's always thinking random files or suspicious or infected when I know the files are fine. Whenever I have security related questions I always come here first. You are all such a HUGE help. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
yarr

(P.S. If I found myself in the wrong forum section please let me know and I will get that fixed right away.

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
If you want an AV that a gamer isn't going to notice you only really have two choices. Webroot and Cylance. Of the two of those I find that Cylance is the one that bothers me the least. The only hitch is getting used to setting exclusions via the global whitelist in the web console.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.