From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hello all, since Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC has recently been available I was wondering if I can use Hard Configurator on that OS.
Has anybody tried it already? Thanks
Do you use Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC as a home user?
H_C restricts scripting, remote features, and SMB protocols - such a setup can be inconvenient/unuseful in the Enterprise environment.

Kwan ST

Level 2
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Update, I installed successfully hard configurator on Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC IoT on my laptop and it works. However, I didn't like the confusing interface so I reverted back to Windows 10 Pro. Thank you Andy for the useful software and your help 👍

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The H_C GUI is adjusted for home administrators. It looks confusing for most people who are used to standard menu-based applications.
The GUI is like an airplane control panel for a pilot. It requires some learning/training. After running H_C, all settings are visible at one glance and easily accessible (mostly by one click), so I will not change it. Furthermore, this kind of GUI is a good barrier for inexperienced users who mainly should not use H_C. Of course, such a barrier can sometimes discourage experienced users, but that is an acceptable cost for me.
The opposite of the H_C is WHHLight. It has a simplistic GUI, with only a few possible configurations, compared to several hundred (sensible) configurations of H_C.

Last edited:

Kwan ST

Level 2
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
The H_C GUI is adjusted for home administrators. It looks confusing for most people who are used to standard menu-based applications.
The GUI is like an airplane control panel for a pilot. It requires some learning/training. After running H_C, all settings are visible at one glance and easily accessible (mostly by one click), so I will not change it. Furthermore, this kind of GUI is a good barrier for inexperienced users who mainly should not use H_C. Of course, such a barrier can sometimes discourage experienced users, but that is an acceptable cost for me.
The opposite of the H_C is WHHLight. It has a simplistic GUI, with only a few possible configurations, compared to several hundred (sensible) configurations of H_C.
Clarification, I didn't like win 11 interface, not H_C. Currently I'm installing Win 10 Enterprise LTSC IoT on my laptop

Reactions: kylprq and Andy Ful

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
H_C should work as usual. I can test it if there is an ISO available.
1717777056644.png

Both H_C and WHHLight works without any issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.